Details: This is a full-time, exempt position based in San Francisco, with a starting salary range of $53-60K, depending on experience.
1170 Market Street
Position: Finance & Administration Coordinator
Reports to: Director, Finance & Operations (DF&O)
Classification: Full-Time; Exempt
About Equal Rights Advocates and the Finance & Administration Coordinator Role:
Equal Rights Advocates (ERA), a national civil rights organization dedicated to protecting and expanding economic and educational access and opportunities for women and girls, is seeking a creative and dedicated Administration and Finance Coordinator to provide operational and administrative support to ERA’s Finance & Operations. Department. This position’s duties revolve around implementing and maintaining financial systems; developing policies & procedures in compliance with organizational standards; tracking and review of EFT, vendor payments, expense reimbursements, deposits, and credit cards expenditures, including maintaining spreadsheet and communication with staff to collect appropriate documentation.
This role also includes managing and distributing information, the oversight of operational flows within the office and sending the financial monthly documentation for closing on time, answering phones, procuring office supplies, maintaining files and documentation, providing IT assistance, and supporting the Finance & Operations Director as needed; perform administrative and office support activities, send and receive email correspondence, greet visitors, and performs other administrative and operational support tasks, as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
General responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Human Resources (10%)
- Meet with new hires to complete HR paperwork, process background checks, set direct deposit, benefit enrollment packets, and complete mandatory reporter training;
- Serve as primary liaison between the benefits broker and staff
- Assist HR lead in maintaining personnel files
- Assist in updating/tracking organization applications and handbooks
- Update and post job descriptions & volunteer opportunities
- Assist with filing and maintaining documents to support budget projections and tracking income & expenses
- Assist the Finance & Operations Director during the preparation of monthly financial documents for finance committee and board meetings
- Conduct monthly reviews of office expenses/prepare and keep updated spreadsheet summary on monthly basis for income and expenses
- Complete year end documents and assist in the completion of retirement plan reports (5500), W-2s, 1099s, and 990s
- Assist with annual audits
- Provide basic finance information/documents to support grant applications
- Review monthly income reconciliations with the development department, bills and other payments; entering receipts in our financial tracking information; overseeing weekly deposits, issuing/requesting payroll checks, and managing invoices and vendor contracts
- Processing biweekly payrolls
- Entering payroll data into the system database
- Verifies accuracy of figures and computations
- Balances and reconciles payroll system with bank accounts
- Process monthly retirement deferrals
- Assist monthly, quarterly, and annual state and federal taxes
- Maintain payroll tracking worksheets in the drive
- Serve as primary liaison between IT consultants and staff
- Oversee general phone system and troubleshoot issues
- Research and recommend changes in IT consultants as necessary
- Responsible for handling basic office technological needs, setting up new users, desks, powering server as necessary
Office Management (25%)
- Filing, daily mail, data entry, tax exempt status forms, contact lists, track insurance policies & forms, mailings, ordering and managing office supplies & stationery
- Manage basic office duties
- Inventory new equipment and track all assets
- Manage rentals of equipment
- Assist visitors and people who call for services
- Develop and maintain an office administration budget; review monthly expenditures
You’ll be a qualified candidate for this role if...
- You have commitment to, and passion for, social justice and gender equity
- You have a college degree or 3+ years of relevant work experience in Finance and Operations
- You take initiative and have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment
- You have strong organizational skills, follow-through, and flexibility around changing priorities and deadlines
- You manage time effectively, know how to prioritize, and can handle working on several tasks or assignments at once
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You have good judgment, hustle, and resourcefulness (i.e., you are known for ‘getting it done’)
- You have the ability to work in a compassionate and collaborative manner and can effectively communicate with co-workers, clients, and coalition partners from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and communities
- You are a strong and proficient user of Microsoft Office programs (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and commonly used document and data sharing platforms, such as Google Docs/Drive, Dropbox and Box
- You are comfortable with tech and willing to learn and use new computer systems, platforms, databases, as well as apps like Slack.
We’ll be even more excited about you if…
- You can communicate proficiently in Spanish, verbally and in writing
- You thrive in small, scrappy, environments where the approach is all hands on deck
- You have an excellent sense of humor and willingness to work with a team of feisty feminist lawyers fighting for civil rights.
ERA offers a work environment that values work/life balance and a competitive benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage for staff and dependents; FSA plan; generous vacation and paid sick leave; 13 paid holidays per year; and an optional a 403b retirement plan with employer matching.
Level of Language Proficiency
English, bonus if you have proficiently in Spanish, verbally and in writing
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
Please do not apply via Idealist. Please submit a cover letter describing your interest in this particular position, connection to ERA’s mission, where you found the job posting, and attach your current résumé to email@example.com. Please list “2018 Administration and Finance Coordinator Application” in the subject line of your e-mail message. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications submitted by other means than what is detailed here will not be considered. No telephone calls, please.