Students for Education Reform (SFER) seeks a motivated, driven, high-achieving professional with a collaborative attitude to join the Fund Development Team. The Senior Fundraising Manager will manage fundraising activity in the specific geographic regions of Minnesota and Colorado. The Senior Fundraising Manager will interface directly with regional individual donors, institutional funder program officers, and the Minnesota Advisory Board. They will be responsible for a portfolio of half a million dollars annually in Minnesota while launching our portfolio in Colorado. The Senior Fundraising Manager will support the Minnesota Executive Director and Advisors to steward current portfolio of donors and be chiefly responsible for prospecting new donors in both Minnesota and Colorado.
Reports to the Associate Director of Development with oversight and coordination with the Minnesota Executive Director. The Development Manager will work closely with multiple states in different department to drive and manage fundraising activities.
SFER develops college students into grassroots organizers who have the tools to fight for education justice in their communities. SFER is a student movement that champions educational equity for all children, regardless of race or background. We understand our local school boards are influential partners in advancing our mission. SFER has a sister 501c4 organization, SFER Action Network, that recruits endorses and campaigns for local school candidates that reflect our values
Why work for SFER? Education is a social equalizer and this role gives you the opportunity to make an impact at the national level. We approach it with the audacity of believing that students have the power to change the education system and the humility to know it takes time and that thousands have come before us in this fight. We work with urgency, passion, and — most importantly — a lot of joy. We are looking for talented, passionate individuals to join our team and work with us to continue the fight for educational equality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead Regional Fundraising in MN (70%) & CO (15%)
- Drive fund development with the Minnesota Executive Director and Minnesota Advisory Board + Executive Director and CO Organizing staff on all fundraising efforts, including donor stewardship, cultivation, and solicitations.
- Oversee all fundraising-related activities for Minnesota + Colorado, including:
- Participate in donor meetings.
- Donor meeting scheduling, preparation, and research.
- Donor e-communications, bi-monthly.
- Project managing fundraising events and site visits.
- Grant management and writing.
- Conducting extensive research, collecting data, and developing background information for proposals.
- Assembling grant requests for submission, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations.
- Working with national fundraising team to manage grants calendars to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports.
- Support Minnesota Advisory Board meeting in planning, preparation, logistics, and execution.
Fundraising Operations (15%)
- Keep fidelity to development operations, systems, and tracking to increase efficiency of fundraising and provide clear pathways for success.
- Support creation and monitoring of annual fund development plans for respective regions.
- Support org-wide learning of fundraising among regional and national staff.
- Localize national fundraising projects such as fall/winter appeal & major national fundraising events.
- Bachelor’s degree required, 3-5 years of fundraising experience.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills: excellent spelling, grammar, and ability to write and proofread accurately.
- Google Apps (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Sheets, Google Docs, etc.) experience preferred.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage up, laterally, and down.
- Exceptional time & project-management ability and highly detail-oriented.
- Inherently organized with your own systems, but are adaptable and flexible to others.
- Ability to work independently, communicate effectively and concisely, demonstrate high level of personal accountability, lead collaboratively, and apply critical thinking and good judgement when faced with unstructured situations; can adapt to different working styles.
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative. solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Alignment with the principles and values of SFER and passion for working in a face-paced start-up environment.
- Knowledge of education policy and/or grassroots organizing preferred.
- Experience in organization with multiple cities fundraising preferred.
- Wants to work vigorously hard with passion and love and a deep hunger for advancing justice through fundraising!
- Growth. We give and get a high volume of feedback and work relentlessly to improve.
- Voice. We exist to empower our members and create a powerful voice for students in the policy sphere.
- Tenacity. We set big goals, persist in the face of challenges, and commit to excellence.
- Audacity & Humility. We are willing to take risks, think big, and work hard to bring about transformational change, even while acting and listening with humility, respect, and empathy.
- Dignity. We commit to social justice work because we believe in the fundamental value of every child and person.
- Collaborative Leadership. Empowering others is the hallmark of transformational leadership. We emphasize both personal growth and shared responsibility while investing in our greatest resource: our people.
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Students for Education Reform seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and recruiting a team that reflects our student movement.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Email email@example.com with a resume and a cover letter explaining why you are an ideal candidate for this position. This position is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Please indicate in your letter where you learned of the position. A limited number of candidates will be scheduled for phone interviews.