Details: or commensurate with experience
220 2nd Avenue South
About Citizen University
Citizen University is a national platform for fostering responsible and empowered citizenship through activation, communication, and education. We believe in the promise of a nation where more people are more literate in civic power – and more steeped in a sense of civic character. We are a recognized leader and innovator in the field of civic engagement, working at the intersection of the public, private and independent sectors, to democratize the practice of civic power. At our office, we work with passion and are optimistic about the future of our country.
About the Job
We are seeking a purpose-driven Program and Communications Coordinator to be an integral link between our programs, partners, and people. This position reports to the Managing Director, and works closely with the senior programs team to execute meaningful civic gatherings around the country, and will further Citizen University’s mission and reach with effective communications and branding. We seek an individual who shares our passion for the promise of positive culture change, who is able to work collaboratively in a fast-paced startup environment, and who is able to get things done to ensure success.
Programs - 65% `
• Draft and edit program materials and correspondences
• Coordinate and follow-up with partners and participants
• Coordinate partner communications and execution of contracts
• Coordinate various aspects of event implementation and execution
• Create event logistics and play-by-plays
• Collaborate with staff to explore potential partners, venues, and various components of events
• Coordinate program documentation and evaluation
• Ability and willingness to travel to support events
• Participate in team meetings and organizational planning
Communications - 35%
• Develop and implement strategic marketing and communications plan
• Analyze and evaluate strategies and provide recommendations for improvement
• Maintain brand cohesion across channels, tools, activities, materials
• Develop and disseminate marketing collateral and digital assets such as brochures, convening packets, event invitations
• Create content for social media, on-line marketing, and traditional media
• Manage and update social media accounts and website
• Create and disseminate PR materials and calendar submissions to relevant online and traditional media sources
• Help develop and manage a new podcast
What you will gain:
Relationships: You will be the right-hand of senior program managers on some of the most creative civic engagement programs in the country. You will closely collaborate with the Citizen University team, including our co-founders and CEO, on improving systems, structures, and communications to ensure the success of each program and that of the organization.
Impact: Your support will strengthen the ability of our team and our partners to more effectively deliver the inspiration, skills, and knowledge to citizens who are poised to become more engaged in civic life.
Growth: You will learn about innovative organizations and inspirational people working to affect meaningful, positive change. You will be a part of an exciting environment where you are in charge of your own success.
Desired qualifications and skills:
• Undergraduate degree, plus 3 years of relevant experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with G Suite, Microsoft Office, WordPress, MailChimp, Airtable, Slack
• Proficient in digital media: social media, and graphic design
• Strong attention to detail, self-motivated, and entrepreneurial
• Demonstrated interest in Citizen University’s programs and goals
• Values of service, mutuality, and responsibility to a greater good
• Critical and creative thinking
• Commitment to learning and continuous improvement
• Optimistic and problem-solving orientation
• Ability to work with people across disciplines, perspectives, and ideologies
• Event organization, administrative experience, and intellectual curiosity a plus
• Demonstrates honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments
This position is full time, non-exempt. Salary is $44,000, plus benefits. Seattle-based. Some travel necessary. More information on Citizen University and our team at citizenuniversity.us.
Citizen University is an equal opportunity employer and we are seeking diversity of background and experience in our applicant pool. Please send résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Position open until filled.
- 100% employer-paid health and dental insurance
- 100% employer-paid ORCA pass
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.