Associate, Advocacy and Communications
1025 Vermont Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
Research, write, and coordinate activities and resources to support digital communication outreach and NFPRHA publications. Maintain and contribute to NFPRHA’s national reputation. NOT ENTRY LEVEL.
· Work collaboratively with NFPRHA staff to write, edit, and oversee graphic layout of content on nationalfamilyplanning.org and other NFPRHA-owned web properties.
· Coordinate with NFPRHA staff on writing, editing, and marketing of NFPRHA’s weekly membership newsletter and other ad hoc publications.
· Develop timely and strategic content for NFPRHA’s social media channels. Create an editorial schedule for content on social media platforms that supports NFPRHA’s policy priorities and other functions. Work with Communications Director to approve posts and ensure tone and accuracy.
· Develop and maintain editorial tools for scheduling media across multiple social channels. Research best practices and trends in social media.
· Monitor and report website activity, digital metrics, and social media statistics on NFPRHA’s digital properties and email marketing campaigns to ensure optimal performance. Support content and logistics for communications events, including conference calls, webinars, trainings, and online activities in support of these events.
· Design and edit compelling infographics, social media graphics, brochures, reports, and template materials.
· Support press outreach activities (pitches, distribution of releases, advisories) for communications initiatives and designated strategic priorities and identify opportunities for letters to the editor and op-eds.
· Conduct news monitoring, including the generation of regular clips email to members and maintaining NFPRHA press lists.
· Arrange meeting and telephonic logistics requests. Prepare and distribute materials for meetings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· BA in journalism, communications, or English preferred or equivalent experience.
· Two years, preferably in communications, public affairs or related field administrative or operations experience in support of small, high-quality nonprofit organization. Internship experience accepted.
· Specialized experience in web content design and working knowledge of HTML.
· Familiarity with Adobe Design Suite.
· Knowledge of health policy and association industry experience helpful.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and web/social media platforms including: Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and WordPress
· Ability to work with multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines
· Ability and desire to work independently and comfortable working collaboratively in an active, team-oriented environment
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Excellent proof reading, grammar, spelling, vocabulary and editing skills
· Excellent customer service and relationship building skills
· Good problem solving skills including identifying and recommending solutions
· Ability to exercise sound judgment
· Solid research skills
· Good sense of humor and willingness to pitch in where needed
· Maintain confidentiality
· Willingness and ability to travel to meet project/program requirements
· Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No calls please.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. Subject Line should read: Associate Advocacy and Communications