Details: Commensurate with experience.
The incumbent in this job will perform various customer service duties including responding to inquiries, obtaining information, and providing information on NCHC and its services within legal guidelines and NCHC policy. The primary responsibility is for the intake and registration of patients including insurance verification, fee assessment, cash handling, presumptive eligibility for Medicaid, referrals, LOA application review and processing, scheduling appointments and data input. The incumbents in this job have routine access to individually identifiable health information including the patients’ entire medical records on a need-to-know basis only. All employees of NCHC are responsible to perform their job practicing good risk management, quality assurance, and delivering excellent internal and external customer service.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Organizing and coordinating patient in-take and other appointments
- Accurately enters/updates patient information in system
- Assisting patients with completion of paperwork when necessary
- Scanning, updating and filing medical records
- Answering phone calls, questions, etc. in a prompt and polite manner
- Processing medical insurance information, verifying patient eligibility and addressing any patient questions about insurance (liaise with Billing department as appropriate)
- Explains Health Center policy including payment of accounts and determines fee for service based on sliding fee schedule
- Handling cash and co-payments accurately and responsibly
- Providing outstanding customer service to every patient
- Nurse Site Manager or Site Practice Manager of waiting room wait times, patient concerns, etc.
- Full-Time employment requires the ability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Ability to work on weekends (Saturdays or Sundays).
- Ability to work on a rotating shift schedule. Overtime, and standby status may be required at times to meet operational and Patient care needs.
- Ability to work at various sites (all site locations are in Essex County- Newark, Irvington, East Orange, Orange).
Ability to pass the NJ State Presumptive Eligibility and Certified Application Counselor Test
Six months experience in front desk registration and related functions (preferably in a Healthcare setting)
Proficient in data entry on a computer in an accurate and efficient manner (experience using an EMR is a plus)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for our Full- Time employees including:
- Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vacation Days
- Sick Days
- Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- Credit Union
- Short-Term/ Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required