SEIU Healthcare Wisconsin is seeking a Union Representative / Organizer to lead our healthcare members in the greater Milwaukee region. We are building power in the work place and politically to set standards for healthcare workers and patients in Wisconsin. This is a great opportunity to be a front line organizer in the re-emerging labor movement in Wisconsin!
This position is responsible for internally organizing members, training member leaders, negotiating contracts, and mobilizing members for political engagement.
1. Identify, recruit, and train member leaders.
2. Develop, implement and evaluate member-centered contract campaigns for assigned Bargaining Units.
3. Serve as Chief Spokesperson for contract negotiations.
4. Develop worksite based communication structures.
5. Assist worksite leaders and Union activists at assigned Bargaining Units to develop skills including group processes, grievance handling, bargaining and political activity.
6. Participate in new organizing efforts of health care workers to strategically augment current collective bargaining agreements.
7. Participate in political action activities and, as necessary, lobbying.
8. Possession of a valid U.S. driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and an automobile for business use.
9. Ability and willingness to travel on a frequent and extensive basis is required.
1. Dedication to the Labor and Social Justice Movement.
2. Ability to work long and irregular hours as necessary.
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
4. Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
5. Ability to meet deadlines.
1. Experience mobilizing people to action
2. Negotiating Contracts
3. Political Participation
4. Community Organizing
5. Coalition Building
6. Labor Union Experience / Connections
No experience is necessary. We will train the right candidate.
Salary and benefits are set by the staff collective bargaining agreement with starting salary of $40,000/annual and competitive benefits!
Send cover letter and résumé to:
SEIU Healthcare Wisconsin
33 Nob Hill
Madison, WI 53713
SEIU Healthcare Wisconsin is seeking a Union Representative / Organizer to lead our healthcare members in the greater Milwaukee region. We are building power in the work place and politically to set standards for healthcare workers and…