1950 Prospect Avenue
The Life Skills Coach at Lee Goodwin Residence provides comprehensive
case management, outreach, and counseling to the residents at our
supportive housing facility for young adults aging out of foster care between
the ages of 18-28 year olds. The Life Skills Coach will provide referrals to:
education and career programs such as: HSE, Vocational Training,
Employment, and Internships. As well as: Substance Abuse Treatment, and
Mental Health Services.
• Conduct a comprehensive intake assessment for all new residents and
review the agency’s policies and procedures with them. Develop
treatment plan for all residents. Monitor clients’ emotional, social and
physical well-being, as well as their progress
• Maintain concise and accurate resident files in Salesforce database.
• Monitor residents’ medication.
• Provide residents with necessary referrals, including emergencies such
as hospitalization, detox, etc. Inform residents about on-site, agency
and community resources that are available to them.
• Participate in case conferences, staff meetings and training sessions
and represent the agency at assigned meetings and conferences.
Input data in Salesforce data base daily for all of the residents.
Attend professional development trainings, supervision meetings, case
conferences, and staff meetings.
• Provide monthly statistical reports on time and accurately.
• Work cooperatively with staff at all levels to ensure quality service
provision and the development and improvement of team
performance. Assist residents in the planning, prioritizing and long
term goals and short term goals.
• Maintain and oversee documentation of case files for compliance with
•Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, or
Human Services or related field with two to five years experience.
•Previous experience in the following areas: mental illness, substance abuse, housing,
health, entitlements, workforce, and formerly incarcerated.
•Qualified candidate must have a strong understanding of the developmental needs of
young adults, sensitivity to ethnic and cultural diversity, and knowledge of
and commitment to working from a strength-based perspective.
•Applicant must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong
•Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply through our website using the following link: