Headquartered in Princeton, NJ, Eden is a community-services provider and not-for-profit organization, serving children and adults with autism for over 40 years. Founded in 1975, Eden began as a small, family-oriented school for individuals with autism and today offers classes from pre-K through age 21. In addition, Eden provides services for adults with autism including residential and employment programs, as well as providing clinical and training support for families and professionals.
We have an exciting career opportunity for a Fundraising Assistant who will assist the Assistant Director of Fundraising in planning and executing fundraising events and related projects that support Eden Autism’s mission. In addition, this role supports the broad scope of Eden’s fundraising and communication program which is significant to ensuring Eden’s continued position as a leader in autism services. The highly talented individual must demonstrate a passionate commitment to Eden’s mission and the desire to deliver in a high-value and mission-driven organization.
• In conjunction with the Assistant Director of Fundraising, assist in planning and execution of Eden’s current fundraising events and evaluate their viability vs. alternatives.
• Work with Assistant Director of Fundraising on special projects related to fundraising, communications, and other outreach.
• Work with Assistant Director of Fundraising and Communications Coordinator on development of event collateral.
• Support the recruitment and management of volunteers.
• Enter and track event RSVPs, registrations, sponsorships, ticket revenue, event expenses, pledges, in-kind donations, and related data.
• Perform regular reconciliation of event income with Donor Database Specialist.
• Maintain department filing systems, both physical and electronic.
• Support Assistant Director of Fundraising with event committee meetings.
• Coordinate purchasing, inventory, and distribution of items and merchandise for events and other promotional purposes.
• Process permits, licensing, and reporting requirements for events and related fundraisers.
• Support Chief Development Officer with administrative needs.
• Process and track department expenses.
(The responsibilities listed are representative and not all inclusive; other duties may be assigned by supervisor/s.)
Education: Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s preferred)
Experience: Minimum one (1) year of experience in event management or related non-profit work.
Other Requirements: Valid driver’s license with record in good standing (5 points or less).
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
• Discretion in handling confidential information.
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Superior attention to detail and record-keeping.
• Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
• Organized and dependable with respect to timelines, deadlines, budgets, and schedules.
• Able to perform in a fast-paced team environment while multiple events and projects are being executed simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment.
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
• Willingness and flexibility to work nights and weekends.
• Willingness to travel on a regular basis (primarily local) to provide support to events.
The qualified candidate must successfully complete a background check, including a criminal check and fingerprinting, drug testing, a drivers’ license check (if applicable), reference checks, and completion of a medical/physical exam and Mantoux test.
We adhere to CDC guidelines. Employees are required to wear a mask at all times. Employees must complete a health questionnaire and have their temperature taken daily. We require strict adherence to all sanitation guidelines including frequent handwashing and six (6) feet social distancing.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: must be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination card, or receive 1st vaccine shot within 30 days of hire date.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume along with a cover letter and salary requirements to Jennifer DaCunha, Assistant Director of Fundraising: email@example.com.
Eden is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Headquartered in Princeton, NJ, Eden is a community-services provider and not-for-profit organization, serving children and adults with autism for over 40 years. Founded in 1975, Eden began as a small, family-oriented…
We know that we are only as good as the people who work for us. As an employee, you will receive paid training, feedback counseling, and job coaching to help you grow. We’ll recognize and celebrate your small achievements as well as major milestones.
We know that we are only as good as the people who work for us. As an employee, you will receive paid training, feedback counseling, and job…