Community Forklift is seeking an experienced Vintage and Specialty Products Coordinator to work with our growing green business. This is a part-time position - 25 hours per week. Candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are seeking someone with knowledge of vintage and antique furniture, lighting, hardware, and housewares. This position includes the identification and pricing of product for in store and online platforms, creating vintage pricing guidelines, assistance with customer concerns, merchandising, and teaching staff about materials. This position is ideal for someone with solid knowledge of vintage, high end and specialty product pricing through various venues and markets including thrift, consignment, and online.
At Community Forklift, you’ll find…
A nonprofit organization dedicated to lifting the community through sustainability, creativity, and economic opportunity. Community Forklift is a reuse warehouse where donated building materials and architectural salvage are made available to neighbors in need, homeowners, nonprofits, contractors and artists at low-cost or for free. It’s a place where the community gathers, learns, and plays together.
What you’ll be doing…
You will be responsible for identifying antique, vintage, unusual, or high dollar items from donations made to Community Forklift. You will accurately identify what a product is and assess its condition, research and determine a price appropriate to our market and write a description. You will also merchandize items on the showroom floor, designate items for our online store, and assist with item description and photos. This position requires attention to detail and the ability to research the item’s age, appropriate market value, and use. It’s important that you follow CF vintage policy on pricing. You will interact with coworkers and customers, provide information about items, answer questions, share knowledge, and promote our sustainable green nonprofit business.
Qualities of the perfect candidate…
· At least three to five years of experience selling vintage or antique materials in retail venues such as an antique store or mall, estate sales, or auction house. Online experience is useful but the majority of experience must be retail sales. Must have extensive knowledge of identifying, assessing, and pricing antique and vintage materials for the retail marketplace.
· Knowledge of vintage, antique, and high end furniture, lighting, hardware, and housewares
· Retail sales experience
· Strong math and English skills
· Ability to do computer research with a high attention to detail
· Ability to work well in a cooperative team-based environment
· Excellent organizational skills
· Ability to fully follow through on assignments in a timely manner
· Ability to follow store policy and procedures
· Ability to provide excellent service to a very diverse constituency of customers
· Entrepreneurial approach to work
· Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and adjust to changing priorities
· Knowledge and enthusiasm for recycling, reuse, and sustainability
· A commitment to the Community Forklift mission
Community Forklift is seeking an experienced Vintage and Specialty Products Coordinator to work with our growing green business. This is a part-time position - 25 hours per week. Candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We…