468 N. Camden Dr.
The Executive Director will be responsible for leading CCC in its next phase of development. This is a hands-on role in a small yet mighty mission-driven organization. The ED leads the operation and implementation of CCC’s mission and assumes primary responsibility for daily management functions, including financial management, implementation of program strategy, operations management, stakeholder relations and communications, and organizational administration.
The Executive Director is the chief development officer for CCC and is responsible for raising revenue to sustain annual operations and to position CCC for future growth. The ED will be an experienced and skilled fundraiser, with a track record of managing a broad portfolio of major gifts, an annual fund, and institutional grants. The right candidate will possess a myriad of skills including, but not limited to, management, finance, marketing, fundraising, event coordination, grant acquisition, leadership, and international aid. This position is based in Beverly Hills and reports directly to the Founder and Board of Directors.
- Design and execute a multi-year fundraising strategy, setting and meeting aggressive targets for revenue growth
- Manage and cultivate the current donor portfolio and increase operating budget by 50% within 18-24 months
2) Board Governance:
- Work collaboratively with the Board to meet the goals and objectives of the organization and to support the Board as it expands, as well as advise on strategic and programmatic issues
- Serve on the Executive Committee of the Board as an ex officio member to plan and direct all Board meetings
- Actively Lead Director recruitment and retention activities
3) Strategic Partnerships:
- Identify and leverage partnership opportunities to expand CCC’s international impact
- Identify and build relationships with influential stakeholders, supporters, and collaborators to generate support for CCC
- Identify and secure opportunities to write and speak about CCC generating public interest
4) Program Strategy, Leadership, and Implementation
- Provide strategic guidance and oversight to the development and implementation of CCC’s international programs. Serve as thought partner with Founder, Directors, and staff to support their work.
5) Operations Management
- Lead the tactical implementation of organizational strategy, programmatic growth and quality, infrastructure development, and financial management.
- Develop and maintain critical operations and internal policies to ensure the organization runs effectively. Implement, monitor, and continually improve organization-wide metrics, processes and tools.
- Build and champion effective internal processes and ways of working to build and foster shared values and promote a healthy and balanced workplace culture at CCC. Manage the human resources processes including recruiting, hiring, supervising, evaluating, and releasing personnel.
- Lead the organization to ensure sound financial management and effective administration in areas such as designing and tracking the annual budget, leading the annual audit, preparing grant budgets, optimizing expenses and managing cash flow
- Development of organizational capability – teams and individuals including people, roles, structure and processes
- Demonstrable experience leading organizational growth (as measured by budget growth)
- Demonstrable track record of expanding the scope, impact, and visibility of an organization
- Track-record of spearheading a fundraising operation, including leading a major gifts portfolio, foundation relations, grant-writing, and stewardship
- Proven ability to raise funds and awareness to international causes
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
- Experience managing Board relations, leading governance functions, supporting Board leadership through meeting management and advancing strategic priorities
- Demonstrates a track-record of entrepreneurial, independent leadership and proven ability to think creatively to maximize impact of resources
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Ability to convey a vision of CCC’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Experience building strategic relationships with peer organizations, educational institutions, think tanks, and/or similar organizations
- Strong public speaking ability
- Deep-seated passion for international aid and willingness to travel internationally
Salary commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
Minimum Education Required