1527 New Hampshire Ave. NW
The American Political Science Association (APSA) seeks to fill an entry-level program assistant position in the Diversity and Inclusion Programs Department. The assistant will be responsible for providing administrative, research, and programmatic support on the variety of initiatives related to promoting diversity and inclusion, and professional ethics in the discipline of political science.
· Assists in application processing, applicant follow up and check requests.
· Updates diversity and inclusion program alumni information in association database.
· Communicates with students, faculty and other members via email and telephone, as directed for marketing and programmatic purposes.
· Assists with management and maintenance of the online mentor community, customer relations.
· Provides committee support, such as scheduling, collecting and processing receipts, updating rosters, and travel reimbursement processing.
· Other tasks as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree, or currently enrolled in BA, MA, PhD program
· Demonstrated interest and/or experience working on diversity and inclusion and alumni relations.
· Demonstrated creativity, organizational skills and ability to work independently and on a team.
· High energy and initiative, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail.
· Strong verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook, Excel, and Word)
· Experience with social media platforms (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Slack) preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, submit your (1) resume with (2) cover letter indicating how your experience and skills align with the description of this position and the essential skills required of the position. Please also include (3) names, titles, and contact information for three references. Send all documents as PDF attachments by email to the APSA at
email@example.com. Consideration will begin as soon as resumes are received, and the position will remain open until