Position Overview: The Moth seeks a vibrant professional to join our New Orleans StorySLAM team as a Swing Producer. The swing producer will substitute for the regional producer in her absence.Swing Producer will connect with our current local producer to produce our once-a-month New Orleans StorySLAMs, engage in community outreach, and coordinate with Moth Headquarters in NY.
This is a part-time, subcontractor position. 10 hours per SLAM, when needed.
- Confirming that crew is booked
- Prepare show materials, social media/show promotion, confirm and schedule volunteers for show
- Coordinate with the venue for setup, ticketing and finances
- Submit show deliverables, including settlements and invoices
- Communicate with Moth Headquarters in NYC for each SLAM you produce
Qualifications and Skills:
- Familiarity with The Moth's programming
- Willingness and availability to shadow regular producer during the show and go over and pre and post details and requirements in depth
- Sensitivity to different perspectives from around the world and ability to communicate effectively with people from different cultural and educational settings
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both in person and remotely)
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, detail and deadline-oriented
- Computer skills: Google Drive, Microsoft Office
- Must be a resident of New Orleans for more than 3 years
- Production experience a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please complete this questionnaire and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (Be sure to specify which position you’re applying for in the subject line!). Applications are due by Monday, March 12th.