Details: Competitive Hourly Rate, based on experience
Round Lake Park
The Community Health Case Worker will work closely with community members to offer key health and wellness education through individual and group education sessions, as well as client support to access public benefits, health navigation assistance and other health and human services through comprehensively assessing client needs. The Community Health Case Worker will provide information and referral to other programs at Mano a Mano and to other health and human services agencies throughout the County. The Community Health Case Worker will act as the immigrant community’s key health and human services reference point- empowering community members to take control of their health and access benefits and services available to them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Utilize screening tool to evaluate needs of immigrants and their family members from a holistic perspective with focus in health;
· Assess clients’ eligibility for relevant services and benefits;
· Develop and monitor client service plans and provide ongoing assistance as needed to ensure clients’ needs are met and situations are stabilized;
· Connect clients’ with other relevant programming at Mano a Mano and identify other pertinent services available in the community;
· Educate approved Medicaid/Medicare/Marketplace/All Kids clients on how to properly use their insurance (preventative services, appropriate use of emergency room, etc.);
· Provide ongoing health literacy sessions on relevant health topics either in an individual or group setting;
· Help eligible clients identify and connect with PCP and/ or medical home;
· Provide follow up communication to clients to assess client’s progress on service goals and identify any ongoing needs or challenges to receiving services;
· Measure and analyze changes in client knowledge gained during the small presentations and how is being implemented;
· Provide accurate interpretation and translation services for clients who have difficulty communicating with IDHS and other agencies offering supportive services;
· Develop a working relationship with other service providers and social service agencies to provide accurate referrals and appropriate case management;
· Develop a strong working relationship with other human services and health agencies;
· Actively participate in outreach events in the community to ensure high visibility and awareness of program offerings and other activities;
· Ensure to keep track of the data accurately and record on the respective databases.
· Other tasks and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Please visit website link, to access entire job description.
Health Insurance benefits, paid holidays and accruals for vacation/PTO
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish fluency (reading, writing, speaking) is required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email resume, letter of interest, and list of 3 professional and personal references to email provided above. Interviews are ongoing until ideal candidate is hired. Education: Associate's Degree or some college preferred, but not required. Experience, skills, and interview quality will be considered.