Area Development Director (Fundraiser) - Indianapolis IN
- Job posted by United Negro College Fund, Inc.
Details: Compensation based on experience.
(Candidates must have non-profit fundraising experience.)
Establishes short and long range fundraising goals and conducting comprehensive, cost-effective annual fund-raising campaigns within his/her area of operation to support the 37 UNCF member institutions. Serves as an ambassador for UNCF and is responsible for engaging donors and leveraging key relationships to ensure revenue goals are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop new sources of unrestricted income from events, individuals and local community partners, foundations and corporations.
· Plan and implement campaign strategies consistent with UNCF national action plans and policies.
· Develop and submit solicitation proposals and design and implement special fund-raising events.
· Write fundraising correspondence, letters of acknowledgment and appeals and maintain a regular schedule of in-person visits with foundations, donors and board members.
· Cultivate and steward relationships with current and potential high net-worth donors.
· Identify and recruit campaign leaders and advisory board members.
· Establish and maintain close, direct contact with local corporations, government, community, church and civic leaders to ensure top volunteer leadership.
· Establish and maintain liaison with volunteers and secure loaned executives.
· Develop and prepare campaign materials, communication and promotional programs in support of local fund-raising efforts.
· Supervise and coordinate staff activities related to records management in Raiser’s Edge database, maintaining current and accurate files on all donors, and ensuring security and quality controls.
· Interface with Accounting and Finance department to fulfill information requests and maintain reporting accuracy.
· Generate queries, reports, exports and other collection data as needed.
· Manage area office to ensure compliance with UNCF policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
· Conduct performance appraisals and recommend employment, termination, promotion, and training and development of subordinates.
- May supervise one or more professional and/or administrative level staff.
· Bachelor's degree (B.A.). Masters’ degree preferred.
· At least 7-10 years’ experience in fundraising, marketing or public relations.
Candidate should possess the following competencies:
- Ability to conduct major fundraising activities, including capital campaigns and annual giving drives raising substantial unrestricted funds
- Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Outstanding human relations and managerial skills
- Effectively present information to groups (managers, clients, customers, general public)
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Flexible Spending Account (medical/dependent care/transit & parking benefit)
Short/Long Term Disability
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information or to view other opportunities at UNCF, please visit www.uncf.org. UNCF, Inc. is an EOE, M/F/V/D