2581 Winchester Road
Their Voice Rescue, a new 501(c)3 nonprofit, is looking to hire two full-time positions: Manager and Assistant Manager of Operations. We are headquartered in Delaplane, VA on a beautiful 50-acre dog sanctuary.
“Let’s Speak for Those Who Cannot Speak for Themselves.”
Our objective at Their Voice is to save as many dogs as possible from kill shelters nationwide and place them in forever homes. We network with other shelters and rescue efforts to bring dogs into our rescue. Additionally, we aim to bring awareness to, and advance the efforts of, ending the Yulin Dog Festival and other acts of animal slaughter/cruelty stateside and around the world.
The Manager and Assistant Manager of Operations will work closely with the Founder/Executive Director in continuing to expand the scope of Their Voice Rescue. Fundraising, networking, community outreach, volunteer coordination/training and hands-on daily care of the dogs are all important aspects of these two roles.
Applicants should be aware that some of these dogs have not come from the best of circumstances - they will need more compassion, care and patience than dogs at the typical shelter or rescue; however, they will return the care they receive with great affection.
We request that applicants have experience with multiple dogs that have not necessarily met each other before and might be extremely vocal.
Though this is meant to be a warm, welcoming stop on the way to a forever home, we want the dogs to feel as though they are home. We wholeheartedly believe in positive training and reinforcement.
It could go unsaid that applicants must love dogs; they must also know, and understand, the hard work that goes into taking care of up to 20 dogs at a time.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Associates degree or equivalent from an accredited college or technical school
• At least two years of experience working or volunteering with an animal care, rescue or shelter organization
• Valid Driver's License
• Managerial experience in nonprofits preferred
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
• Work is performed at Their Voice headquarters, which includes areas where dogs live and are cared for, office spaces, stairs, and outdoor locations
• Subject to dog bites and scratches while handling dogs of questionable temperament
• Regular bending, reaching, kneeling, sitting on the floor, crouching, and dog walking with occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds
• Occasionally work at computer station, and operate electronic equipment
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends
• Must be able to tolerate the emotional aspect of work in an animal shelter environment
• Potential for exposure to animal feces, blood, and zoonotic diseases
Both the Manager and Assistant Manager positions will be full time, salary DOE with two weeks paid vacation and a health insurance stipend. We require background checks.
Successful candidates will clearly detail how and why they can contribute their skills and previous experience to help shape and grow Their Voice Rescue. Please send a one-page resume and a cover letter summarizing your applicable experience and desire to fill this position. Be sure to include the position you are applying for in the subject line. If you are interested in one of these positions but can only work part-time, please apply and let us know your schedule.
Both the Manager and Assistant Manager positions will be full time, salary DOE with two weeks paid vacation and a health insurance stipend.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required