Do you believe in the power of play to bring out the best in every kid? Would you like to work where you are encouraged to promote fun, creativity and play? If you are motivated and you possess leadership experience- both on and off the playground – we want you to join our team and put your passion for play to work for us.
Playworks is the leading national nonprofit leveraging the power of play to transform children’s physical and emotional health. Playworks currently serves more than 2,000 schools in 23 U.S. cities, and reaches 1 million students directly and through professional training services.
Our strategic goal is to ensure that 3.5 million children in 7,000 schools experience safe and healthy play every day by December 2020. This position will play a pivotal role in getting to that goal.
At Playworks we believe in the power of play to bring out the best in every kid. We are changing school climate by leveraging the power of safe, fun, and healthy play at school every day. We create a place for every kid on the playground to feel included, be active, and build valuable social and emotional skills. We partner with schools, districts, and after-school programs to provide a service or mix of services including on-site coaches, professional training for school staff who support recess, and consultative partnerships.
Here’s where you come in:
Playworks is creating a new role to support revenue operations (both earned income and development/fundraising). Charged with serving as the primary point of contact for the systems and processes that support all of our revenue-focused activities, the Manager will proactively identify bottlenecks in any and all revenue-related processes and find ways to make things go faster, smoother and more efficiently for all involved. The goal is to increase and improve regional support, simplify processes and automate wherever possible - leading to increased data accuracy and decreased administrative time spent for users. Beyond that, the Manager will be responsible for creating and maintaining documentation on all revenue-related processes, creating reports to analyze data, and assisting with training new team members.
For the initial six to twelve months, the successful candidate will be a key support for a team effort to streamline our Salesforce CRM system including, but not limited to: evaluating and updating opportunity record types, simplifying grant financial reporting, managing Trainer capacity system, reviewing reporting and dashboards and evaluating whether to use lead functionality. The Manager will document the process, provide critical execution support (e.g. report development), be responsible for data integrity and lead the change management process, including creating, and as needed, delivering training. During this initial phase of work, the Manager will report directly to the Strategic Initiatives Officer before transitioning to reporting to the Director of Regional Systems Strategy.
In this role, the Manager will primarily support our school partnership and training sales, training services delivery, program evaluation and both national and regional development/fundraising. They will consistently work in close partnership with the IT/Solutions Team as well as with other cross-functional teams at National HQ such as the Impact, Development, Regional Success and Finance teams.
Key areas of focus include:
- Salesforce - primary owner for user experience including training/supporting change management, updating Salesforce user guides/manuals and establishing template reports and dashboard views. There is an expectation that this role will be responsible for creating systems and processes to support data integrity and ensure ease of data entry (and associated reporting). This will include regular maintenance work such as audit report creation and manual fixes; we expect this will be very detailed work, and critical to both ensure accuracy and accountability while also identifying areas for improvement.
- Data Reporting - working with other departments - and with an eye always towards streamlining access, usability and simplicity for users across Playworks - ensure access to information; this includes close work to support the Tableau interface. The long-term vision is for the Manager to improve access to data and provide contextual insights and identify trends.
- Operational Support for Regional + National Users (earned income & development/fundraising) - with primary responsibility for training, building best practices, creating and coordinating national campaigns and serving as primary contact for regional questions and pipeline-related needs. This support may be general OR customized and specific to a revenue channel.
- Skedulo - develop the subject matter expertise to be the primary point of contact for the scheduling and capacity management system for Playworks Trainers and Salespeople.
If you're a good fit for this position, you already know most of what this job entails. However, to be sure we're providing a complete picture, here are some additional expectations for the role:
- Use effective approaches to identify issues, problems and solutions for use of systems and processes that reflects knowledge of mission and business objectives and purpose
- Work closely with teams, stakeholders and department leaders across the organization to collect feedback, provide information, facilitate small and large working groups and drive process and systems uses, utilizing exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to influence people and project outcomes
- Move project(s), system(s) and/or process(es) forward successfully from planning stages through analysis, problem resolution, activation, implementation and use management
- Frequently balance short and quick deadlines under pressure with long-term systematic projects and objectives
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment; exhibiting adaptability, poise and a focus on end results (with care for the process!)
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Solid understanding of project management processes, tools and techniques with some proven experience managing projects, systems and/or processes.
- Strong aptitude for systems and structural thinking; ability to multi-task and move quickly between big picture and small details, especially within Salesforce and across other systems (e.g. Tableau, Adaptive, etc.)
- Extremely strong technology skills with information systems (especially cloud based), as well as experience and proven capacity to both quickly learn and utilize systems and to optimize and enhance their use. Experience with applications and systems used in our organization and the nonprofit industry - especially Salesforce, Tableau, UltiPro, Adaptive and/or CRM or Visualization software - strongly desired
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; Excellent interpersonal communication and facilitation skills with experience working with variety of stakeholders, department leaders, users and teams across an organization
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment and make timely and effective decisions; Ability and desire to seek and understand different perspectives, with an unwavering commitment to getting to the HOW to get things done.
- Ideal candidate has experience with Playworks systems and daily regional operations, or has relevant experience and familiarity with fundraising/development operations as well as the sales and delivery of program services in a nonprofit organization.
- This position may require occasional travel to various regional locations
Compensation & Benefits:
- Playworks offers the full package - great benefits, a fun place to work and an opportunity to grow professionally. We offer:
- Competitive nonprofit wage commensurate with experience
- This is a full-time, exempt position
- Position location is flexible; must be available for a standard eight hour work day during standard US business hours (9am ET - 8pm ET window)
- A comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) with employer match, life insurance, employee-funded pre-tax health and child care spending accounts
- Generous paid time off with paid vacation, sick and holiday leave
Playworks is changing the way children experience school every day by leveraging the power of safe and healthy play. We create a place for every kid on the playground to feel included, be active, and build valuable social and emotional skills. Our ambitions demand that we invest in recruiting, developing and managing a team that reflects the broad diversity of our communities. Our core values of inclusion, respect, healthy community and healthy play are the foundation of our organization and are infused in all aspects of our work, including recruiting and retaining the best talent we can.
As an equal opportunity program, Playworks encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, gender identity/expression, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability, or any other legally protected basis. Playworks evaluates all candidates on a merit basis.
Minimum Education Required