115 East 13th Street
About HELP USA
HELP USA is one of the nation’s largest homeless services providers and low-income housing developers serving at-risk populations including families, veterans, and survivors of domestic violence. With an annual operating budget in excess of $100 million, HELP USA currently serves 25,000 people per year in 52 programs and residences across five states and is continuing to grow. HELP provides 3,500 units of permanent and transitional housing as part of its 30-year commitment to families and individuals in need of safe, stable homes.
As part of the HELP USA. accounting department and reporting to an Accounting Manager who reports to one of two Controllers, the Intermediate Accountant will be responsible for recording, analyzing and dissemination of financial information related to several of HELP USA’s transitional housing programs.
Specific responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Preparing and maintaining all billing submissions.
- Preparation of all recurring and adjusting journal entries.
- Analyzing variances in accounts from budgeted amounts.
- Ensuring accurate accounting and reporting integrity of assigned programs.
- Generating internal and external financial reports required by management and external funding sources on a timely basis to meet designated due dates.
- Non-profit accounting experience required. Knowledge of New York City DHS (Department of Homeless Services) and HRA (Human Resources Administration) reporting rules and regulations strongly desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance required.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to quickly understand and explain account variances from budgeted amounts.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Computer literate, particularly with window applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access. Experience with Lawson a plus.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
EOE. A Drug Free Workplace.
Minimum Education Required