43-31 39th Street
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS), a multi-service settlement house located in Western Queens. Our Youth and Family Services department offers a full day Pre-Kindergarten, Afterschool and Youth Programming for children in Elementary through High School, Job and College Readiness for youth in High School and Adult and Immigrant Services.
We are currently looking for a Program Coordinator within our Youth Futures Enrichment Program located at the Queens Vocational Technical High School. Our Youth Futures Enrichment Program works with 9th and 10th grade students to provide academic, artistic, and community-based programming through tutoring, creative classes, and workshops.
Description / Summary:
Under supervision of the Program Director, the Program Coordinator will use independent analysis and judgment to develop, coordinate, and carry out varied administrative tasks to provide and facilitate enrichment programming to the 9th and 10th grade student body. The position encompasses working closely with students, the director, and instructors to accomplish a variety of tasks, from helping to develop programming, facilitating programming, recruiting potential students, and performing various jobs related to administration and data entry.
- Maintain database administration for purposes of tracking
- Facilitate health-related and community service workshops
- Chaperone participant field trips
- Enter data into database and assisting with reporting
- Prepare letters, memos & correspondences as directed
- Research potential community collaborators and workshop leaders
- Handle confidential information with utmost discretion & confidentiality
- Assist in special projects as needed
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
· Bachelor Degree in a related field preferred; some college required
· Experience with group facilitation with High School youth
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
· Ability to work independently and to work collaboratively
· Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with youth
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply: Send cover letter and resume to Devin Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org; Indicate “Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer