35 West 124th Street
Harlem Village Academies
Harlem Village Academies is a community of educators working to build an urban school district based on the ideals and tenets of progressive education. Based in Harlem, HVA is also the demonstration site for the Progressive Education Institute.
The Associate Director of Data at Harlem Village Academies will report to the Director of Data and will work with a team committed to supporting the network of HVA schools in managing operational and academic data. The Associate Director of Data will be responsible for the maintenance of student and school data, analysis, reporting, and will contribute to an overall data management strategy. In addition, the Associate Director of Data will work to design and automate processes for validating, collecting, normalizing, and archiving data. Our ideal candidate is a smart, passionate individual with a background in data and technology and a strong interest in education and assessment. The Associate Director of Data needs to have advanced skills in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets and demonstrated results in data management and analysis. Our ideal candidate is a hard-working, independent, proactive problem-solver, who thrives in a results-driven environment.
- Manage the network's student information system PowerSchool and assessment system Illuminate DnA, including configuration, system administration, development, and integration.
- Oversee the annual setup of PowerSchool and Illuminate for all schools
- Collaborate with network and school staff, and develop solutions for data analysis needs
- Create and maintain data dashboards for educational and operational data
- Analyze data to identify trends, and report findings to key stakeholders
- Monitor progress on internal and external KPIs
- Provide training and documentation for school staff on using data systems
- Manage data validation and annual cycle for compliance reporting
- Assist with systematizing data management practices for the network
- Create processes to support different stages of the data life cycle
- Contribute to the development of the network’s data systems and strategy
- Additional data support and analysis as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of professional experience in data management, technology or related work
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets at an expert level
- Established record of managing large data sets
- Experience developing databases, preferably cloud-based
- An understanding of data quality management
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively
- Strong organizational skills and high level of attention to detail
- Experience with BI tools, data dictionaries, and project management a plus
Harlem Village Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required