Details: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
542 East Monroe Street
NALEO Educational Fund, a national nonprofit organization serving the Latino community, seeks an Arizona State Director for Constituency Services who is a seasoned and proven leader to be responsible for the development, implementation and execution of the organization’s new long-term strategy to support the policymaking success of Latino elected officials in Arizona, with a particular emphasis on education. The ideal candidate will have the ability to 1) successfully engage Latino policymakers across all levels of office, throughout the state; 2) develop curricula that strengthens the governance, leadership and education policy content knowledge skills of Latino policymakers; and 3) facilitate and provide the necessary support and technical assistance for Latino policymakers to develop a student success agenda and the corresponding policies and action-oriented solutions to accelerate the educational attainment of Latino students in Arizona.
The Arizona State Director for Constituency Services will also work on organization programs and projects as needed, including efforts to ensure the success of the NALEO 35th Annual Conference, assist with development, grants and reporting requirements as needed, and other related tasks. The position is based in Phoenix, Arizona. Travel is required. This position reports to the Director of Constituency Services - Education. This is a full-time, exempt position with an annual compensation commensurate with experience.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- BA degree in education policy, public policy, or related field required; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in education advocacy, public policy, government relations, or related
- Strong track record as an effective leader and manager
- Strong writing and communications skills;
- Proven ability to prioritize workload, be self-motivated, execute projects independently, outstanding project management, organized and results-oriented;
- Proven ability to pay attention to detail, effective at multi-tasking and problem solving, proactive, strong critical thinking and analytical skills;
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships and serve as liaison with stakeholders, including staff, public officials, external partners and funders;
- Knowledge of and interest in Latino politics required;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment with varying hours and work on weekends as needed.
- Must be technology savvy, proficient in using Microsoft Office 365, Outlook, MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, and other office software
- If a driver, must have a valid driver’s license with proof of automobile insurance coverage.
- Ability to work respectfully with people from all cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Supportive of the mission and the philosophy of the NALEO Educational Fund
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The position requires certain physical and mental demands, including the following:
- Ability to see and hear within normal ranges;
- Dexterity to read, write, type, operate office equipment such as a computer, telephone, calculator, copier, fax machine, pencils, pens, and stapler;
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
Once hired, employees requiring reasonable accommodations to perform the demands of the position should contact Human Resources.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Fax/email cover letter and resume to Angela Weimer, National Director of Human Resources and Administration, NALEO Educational Fund (213) 747-7664/ email@example.com. EOE
Competitive benefits package that includes generous vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and retirement coverage
Level of Language Proficiency
English, Spanish a plus
Minimum Education Required