New York City or San Francisco
Acumen Academy is looking for a seasoned growth marketer with 10 - 12 years of experience to lead Academy's marketing team and help take Academy’s growth to the next level. Although Acumen is currently working remotely, remote means either in the Tri-state area or the Bay Area.
Acumen is changing the way the world tackles poverty by investing in companies, leaders and ideas. We invest patient capital in businesses whose products and services are enabling the poor to transform their lives. To date, Acumen has positively impacted 309 million lives by investing $137M in 139 innovative, early-stage companies in Africa, Latin America, South Asia, and the United States. We know capital alone won’t solve problems of poverty, which is why we built Acumen Academy, global community of emerging leaders with the character and competence to create a more just, inclusive, and sustainable world.
About Acumen Academy
Acumen Academy is the world’s school for social change. We aim to unleash a new generation of social innovators and leaders with the determination and grit to build a more just, inclusive and sustainable world. Anyone with an internet connection, anywhere in the world, can access the practical tools, practices, resources and supportive community they need to achieve positive social change. With 800+ Fellows and 700,000 course takers in 197 countries, the Acumen Academy community represents a new generation of social innovators and leaders committed to doing what’s right in a world that loves easy.
About the role
Within Academy, we’re a relatively small but mighty marketing team accompanied by a group of writers and creatives working to grow Acumen Academy. This role is for a growth marketer ready to lead a team from one-million sign-ups toward ten-million through focused, iterative, and community-centric experiments that will quickly identify, measure, and report on the most efficient growth levers and the metrics that validate them.
- Work with Directors to build and implement overall Academy growth strategy and then own execution, engagement, and measurement
- Help set and then meet annual growth and revenue goals
- Create and lead a culture of accountability by setting-up, measuring, and reporting on growth focused metrics/KPIs alongside the Engineering and Data teams
- Drive the creation, measurement, testing, and improvement of engagement and acquisition funnels
- Work alongside Directors to develop benchmarking and improvement of common revenue and growth data points such as UE, ARPU, CAC, LTV, churn, retention etc …
- Work with the Academy Marketing Manager and in-house ‘Creative and Content’ to produce omnichannel storytelling and problem-solving campaigns that drive awareness, engagement, acquisition, and retention
- Plan and implement email marketing strategies that improve list growth, list hygiene, deliverability, and open/conversion rates
- Work closely with the Content, Community, and Curriculum teams to develop and execute on a clear content strategy that fosters engagement at each stage of the acquisition funnels
- Drive training and improved utilization of core marketing tools across email, CMS, CRM, paid, and automation by becoming Acumen Academy’s MarTech systems ‘expert’
- Lead the engineering and marketing teams in improving the efficacy of landing, product, and content pages
- Own paid and retargeting strategies working closely with the Academy Marketing Manager and Creative
- Lead growth oriented advisement and training efforts with regional and affiliated offices
- Lead the Academy Marketing team.
Skills and Qualifications
- 10-12 years of work experience with at least 5-7 years of growth marketing experience and a record of leading growth.
- 3 or more years in a high-growth EduTech, SaaS, or e-commerce environment
- Expertise in Organic, WoM, Email, and Experience marketing are the areas where you excel — can discern when and how you would leverage each
- Experience with and knowledge of paid and retargeting, experience managing ad spend at scale
- Experience establishing and driving the use of marketing automation as a service (Hubspot, Marketo, Adobe, etc…)
- Knowledge of levers, patterns, and paradigms and understand the differences, tradeoffs, and when to leverage multichannel vs omnichannel, organic vs paid, focusing on retention vs acquisition, pushing for breadth vs depth etc …
- Willing to get your hands dirty and create solutions in the midst of ambiguity and, at times, with limited resources
- Understands the value of cross-functional collaboration towards better understanding and serving customer needs
- Autodidactic... the one to bring back the article, the publication, the post etc ... on growth, metrics, strategy, and emerging tactics
- Self reflective and aligned with Acumen values
- Permanently authorized to work in the US
- Are able to build out landing pages and experiments on your own, when needed
Apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis.