The Program Associate for the Maternal and Children’s Programs, and CPO administrative support carries out key programmatic functions including: responding to the public verbally and in writing, fulfilling information and publication requests, preparing for conferences, all logistics for in-person and virtual Board meetings, Committee meetings, external stakeholder workgroups, supporting program evaluation efforts, social media and marketing, data entry/data analysis support, reporting support and other program and administrative support functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support to Children’s Mental Health Matters (CMHM), Healthy New Moms (MNM), Pediatric Maryland Behavioral Health Integration in Pediatric Primary Care (BHIPP)and any CPO-requested internal or external meetings and agenda.
- Assists with the development, upkeep, and revisions to the distribution lists for External stakeholder groups, champions, Board / Board committees.
- Provides meeting support for all committee and meetings such as Public Education and Outreach Committee (PEAOC), BHIPP and others as assigned.
- Assist with creation of Programs Team Standard Operating Procedures for Maternal and Child mental health programming. Assists with division-wide Standard Operating Procedures.
- Supports the technology efforts of the organization, including data migration and file storage upkeep in various data repositories for CMHM, BHIPP or related grant, budget, and project data.
- Respond to public inquiries for CMHM materials and information.
- Enter program data and new leads into Salesforce for CMHM and related grant programs. Establishes process for regular updating in Salesforce.
- Support staff in data integrity efforts and standard reporting, computes baseline measures for CMHM, HNM and related metrics. Supports development of a logic model for these programs. Develops routine data-capture methods to track performance. Develops tools to support analysis of data. Create spreadsheets or use other tools to support data organization and decision-support.
- Assists in implementation of the evaluation plan for these programs, including survey distribution, incentives for return of surveys when appropriate, compilation of survey results, coordination of interviews, establish video/photo-journal recording of events.
- Primary lead to organize impact stories for maternal/child mental health programming including photos/videos, creates and maintains library of impact stories.
- Supports Champion program. Records notes, provides reports, initiates reminders and events list, and provides administrative support to mailings.
- Manages contract account invoice preparation and distribution, receivables management and payments for any new contracts initiated by CPO for all program areas within the Program Team.
- Participates in training to become a Mental Health First Aider.
- Assist with website management, develops website content – photo/video and text, supports social media posting, assures alignment with MHAMD branding requirements. Uses outside resources to assure cultural appropriateness of outreach materials/methods.
- Regularly reviews all contracts or engagement documents related to program areas assigned.
- Staff health fairs or other public events as needed.
- Draft and proofread correspondence, publications and grant proposals and reports.
- Create spreadsheets or use other tools to support data organization and decision-support.
- Strategic research as needed.
- Program and project implementation as assigned.
- Supports goal setting, budget input and strategic plans
- Two years Prior experience working as a Program Assistant in a relevant field.
- Experience with MailChimp, Salesforce, SharePoint, project management and learning management software desired.
- Has proven experience managing social media accounts.
- Experience in pediatric human service or behavioral health field highly desirable.
- Experience with managing social media accounts.
- Is proficient in MS Office programs, with intermediate proficiency in Excel.
- Has proven case/client management experience.
- Associate of Arts degree in social sciences or administration.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Work style fosters an effective team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver quality work.
- Has the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Has a high level of professionalism.
- Can maintain confidentiality and to use discretion in all interactions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and is proactive in nature.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Sharp attention to detail with a strong ability to multitask.
- Commitment to the mission of MHAMD.
- Ability to initiate work and offer suggestions for quality improvement.
Full time, non-exempt and benefits. Benefits include vacation, sick, personal, and holidays, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 403(b) retirement plan, medical, dental and vision insurance, and health savings account.
- Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5pm
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods
- Visual acuity and gross/fine motor skills to use a computer monitor and keyboard
- Ability to hear, produce and understand speech for telephone/videoconferencing use
- Evening and weekend work may be required
- Must Be able to lift-up to 25 pounds at times
- Reliable transportation
Ability to travel throughout the State of Maryland.
Flexible Work Arrangement
Position is FWA eligible but candidates should be prepared to work in the office location when required.
State of Maryland
MHAMD is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.