Remote Program City
Remote Program City
Position Summary: Oversee events for Best Friends with a focus on accelerating revenue growth and cultivating new and existing donors; and supporting the organization's mission and priorities. Inform the strategy and provide oversight for fundraising, stewardship and education events; and develop content and strategies based on event goals and target audiences, ranging from the general public to the animal welfare sector depending on the event.
Spearhead strategic planning and expansion of Best Friends' marquee fundraising and brand awareness event, Strut Your Mutt, into key markets nationwide in order to maximize revenue and development opportunities for Best Friends and our Network partners. Work with key stakeholders within Best Friends to grow the event by creating and executing an event plan focused on acquisition, retention and cultivation of top fundraisers, teams, participants, sponsors, Network partners and influencers. Work collaboratively across the organization to develop relationship management strategy for fundraisers at all levels, teams, team captains, corporate partners and volunteers.
Provide guidance and supervision to cross-organizational event project teams, in order to create efficiencies, streamline processes and best practices for the organization. Manage and mentor events staff to ensure that they are meeting departmental and professional goals tied to Best Friends' organizational strategy. Serve as the primary point of contact for Best Friends' events throughout the organization, and evaluate new event opportunities. This position will work closely with multiple divisions and departments at Best Friends, including Development, Digital Fundraising, Best Friends Network, Marketing, Program teams and Volunteer departments, and serve as a primary point for cross-divisional teams on multiple event projects.
- Strategic oversight of all major events for Best Friends to ensure that they are aligned with organizational goals
- Ensure that all production and content decisions are helping to drive fundraising, event participation and increased brand recognition, and are focused on big impact results while maximizing resources
- Ensure that fundraising and stewardship strategies and goals are understood and implemented at local levels
- Work with Volunteer team to maximize opportunities that utilize and empower volunteers in Best Friends events
- Help to grow Events staff expertise by involving them in planning processes, and coaching them to improve performance and knowledge base
- Create and communicate centralized protocols, and processes for events
- Oversee creation of event playbooks that memorialize best practices and procedures for key events
- Ensure that all events elevate the Best Friends brand; meet the organization's brand standards; and bring the Best Friends brand to life via the event experience
- Plan and integrate systems for member recruitment and data capture at events in order to help grow Best Friends' support base and revenue
- Build and manage Events Department budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Animal lover
- Minimum of 10 years experience in event fundraising and management for a non profit organization, with a demonstrated ability in strategic planning, fundraising, marketing, analytics, and budgeting to drive growth
- Bachelor's degree in development, events/event marketing or management preferred but not required
- Demonstrated experience with managing and motivating teams of volunteers or other staff on projects from a distance
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. The ideal person for this job is a team player, personable, professional, positive, energetic, proactive and uses tact and diplomacy.
- Strong communication, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to use and manage registration and networking software and web sites.
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving and time management skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that includes long hours near/during event dates as well as weekends and evenings.
- Ability to work independently and use judgment within established guidelines.
- Ability to professionally advocate Best Friends position on issues.
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- 35% travel required.
- Ability to stand and/or walk outside for long hours in various weather conditions (including rain, heat and cold) at events
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Ability to sit and view computer screen for long periods of time.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.