The Urban Assembly School for Law and Justice, one of NYC’s best Ed Opt public high schools, is looking for dynamic teachers to join our team in September 2021. You will be part of an exciting law-themed school that prepares students, most of whom come from the city’s historically underserved communities, to graduate ready to succeed in college and effect change in society.
We are looking for teachers who are passionate about their content area /subjects and eager to collaborate with their colleagues to develop and implement a curriculum focused on providing rigorous and authentic learning opportunities. Teachers at SLJ work collaboratively to design units that center around Common Core aligned assessments as well as vertically aligned interim assessments. An ideal candidate has experience teaching Advanced Placement courses and working with English Language Learners, students with disabilities and / or dual certification in Special Education. Interested candidates can send resumes and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For information about our school, see www.sljhs.org.
● A current New York State Teaching Certificate
● Demonstrated ability to manage a high school classroom with effective strategies.
● Ability to design and implement coherent curriculum
● Ability to use a variety of instructional methods to engage and reach all students in heterogeneous classes.
● A strong commitment to teaching as an act of social justice.
● Commitment to supporting all students in accessing rigorous curriculum and meeting high standards.
● A belief that all children can master academically rigorous material, regardless of their backgrounds, their learning styles, or their academic history. An SLJ teacher believes his or her students can meet ambitious expectations
● Demonstrated ability to take critical feedback, take guidance, and respond to supervision.
● Belief that ongoing professional development is a critical component of an educator’s career.
● Create and implement curriculum and support students to meet course goals.
● Ensure that all students learn through the implementation of cohesive, accessible curriculum and continual refinement to meet the needs of students in meeting standards.
● Implement evidence-based pedagogy for the explicit instruction of literacy skills.
● Serve as an advisor to a small group of students, fostering relationships that support social-emotional and academic growth and maintaining regular communication with families.
● Collaborate with general education and special education planning partners to discuss student development, create modifications for various learning styles, and refine classroom strategies and protocols.
● Collaborate as a member of a grade team to create a cohesive experience for students.
● Create a classroom culture for learning that is both rigorous and positive, utilizing effective protocols and routines.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with your respective subject area in the subject line.
The Urban Assembly School for Law and Justice, one of NYC’s best Ed Opt public high schools, is looking for dynamic teachers to join our team in September 2021. You will be part of an exciting law-themed school that prepares students, most of whom…
As per DOE contract.
As per DOE contract.