Seeds of Peace inspires and cultivates new generations of global leaders in communities divided by conflict. We equip them with the skills and relationships they need to accelerate social, economic, and political changes essential for peace.
Since 1993, Seeds of Peace has set the standard in international peacebuilding by providing exceptional young people and Educators from regions of conflict with an otherwise impossible opportunity to meet their historic enemies face-to-face at our Camp in Maine.
Seeds of Peace builds on their extra-ordinary and critical relationships and understanding through year-round local programs that focus on the core leadership capacities needed to advance peace. There are now over 7,000 Participants from 27 countries who prove that solutions exist, peace is possible, and there is reason to have hope for a better future.
We are dedicated to the pursuit of real change in regions of conflict. We recognize that there are many possible paths to peace. We do not prescribe or advocate for particular political solutions, nor are we affiliated with any political party or religious institution.
Seeds of Peace seeks a Camp Coordinator to be responsible for all logistical aspects of Camp and will provide support for all Camp programming. This position is primarily based in our New York City Office. In the months when Camp is in session (June-August), the position will be based in Maine, on Camp grounds, overseeing and managing the Camp office as needed and providing daily support to the Camp Operations Director on the administrative coordination of Camp program operations.
Year-Round Responsibilities Include:
· Provides support for all aspects of Camp preparation and logistics
· Supports Camp Operations Director and regional teams during application and selection process for Camp delegations
· Works with Camp Director to coordinate the application and hiring process for Camp Staff
· Coordinates the Paradigm Shifter Program application process
· Manages Camp lists of staff and participants
· Serves as a point of contact for Camp staff in lead up to Camp, coordinates with Camp Director and Camp Operations Director as needed
· Coordinate camp administrative budget
· Coordinates all Camp-related travel, for both delegations and Camp Staff
· Works closely with HR department to create and maintain Camp Staff paperwork
· Acts as secondary point of contact for Camp vendors
· Processes all Camp-related invoices in timely manner, in line with finance policy and procedures
· Works with programming directors to ensure the proper and timely collection of camp program required paperwork
· Maintains (on-site and/or electronically) all camp-related paperwork for HR, Finance, and Camp operations
· Assists with camp monitoring and evaluation design and analysis, where appropriate
· Helps manage communications with the firstname.lastname@example.org and the email@example.com accounts
Additional Responsibilities at Camp Include:
· Supervises the Camp Office, managing office assistant and supporting their daily operations as needed
· Stays in communication with New York office to ensure all financial and HR needs are addressed quickly
· Works with Health Center to collect camper insurance forms and incident report forms
· Assists with Camp t-shirt inventory as needed and helps work with t-shirt vendor on orders
· Works with Camp Operations Director to maintain Camp vehicles and credit cards
· Oversees visitor request forms and creates daily visitor lists for security, as needed
· Supports Leadership Team and Program Directors with administrative needs
· Will be responsible to work with Camp Operations Director for the initial set-up and opening of the Camp Office
· Will be responsible to work with Camp Operations Director to close down the Camp Office at the end of the season
· 1-2 years’ work experience in administrative and/or logistical roles
· Strong administrative and logistical skills
· Pays attention to details, works independently, and follows up on tasks
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel)
· Ability to work collaboratively with others as part of a team, as well as individually
· Ability to remain highly organized
· Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to relate to wide variety of staff and constituents
· Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Ability to work virtually with staff based overseas
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Seeds of Peace inspires and cultivates new generations of global leaders in communities divided by conflict. We equip them with the skills and relationships they need to accelerate social, economic, and political changes…
Seeds of Peace offers rewarding career opportunities, in a positive and supportive environment, with competitive salaries and benefits. If you wish to be considered for the position, please apply HERE.
Due to the high volume of applications, only those candidates who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. For any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Seeds of Peace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Seeds of Peace offers rewarding career opportunities, in a positive and supportive environment, with competitive salaries and benefits. If you wish to be considered for the…