Details: Commensurate with experience
89 South Street, Suite 700
TSNE MissionWorks (TSNE) provides management and leadership resources to help nonprofits support healthy, just communities. With a staff of dedicated nonprofit professionals, TSNE MissionWorks is an effective fiscal sponsor, convener, consultant, and grant-maker, offering a unique blend of capacity-building programs and services focused on strengthening nonprofits for a deeper impact in the communities they serve.
This position is a senior member of the Accounts Receivable team which is responsible for the receivable functions in a dynamic, fast-paced team-based environment. The AR team provides accounting services for approximately 90 different organizations (referred to as projects). The AR Accountant will coordinate AR activity for a large portfolio of projects, and must be flexible and skilled at multi-tasking, demonstrate an interest and capacity for learning, and be open to the varied and changing demands of the work and client needs. This position will take the lead on online donation platforms for TSNE. The person will be a leader in the department and a resource to staff on AR topics.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare invoices for review by project manager;
- Submit invoices to customers for payment;
- Post invoices in Accounting system;
- Record cash receipts received on behalf of projects;
- Create and maintain tracking systems to ensure invoices are submitted in a timely fashion;
- Use TSNE’s various technologies and systems to conduct research, analyze data, perform reconciliations;
- Contact customers about outstanding receivable balances;
- Work with AR manager to write off bad debt.
- Prepare journal entries related to AR transactions;
- Participate in annual audit – prepare and review schedules;
- Provide direct project services as needed;
- Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum of two years bookkeeping experience performing accounts receivable and billing functions;
- BA/BS degree in accounting or business or equivalent experience required;
- Nonprofit accounting experience, a plus;
- Strong analytical, research and troubleshooting skills;
- Experience with performing accounts receivable and billing functions;
- Proficiency using accounting software and spreadsheets;
- Ability to pay close and accurate attention to details;
- Ability to adhere to standard and organizational accounting protocols;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities;
- Strong communication skills;
- Commitment to the work of social and economic justice organizations;
- Ability to work effectively with people of different cultural backgrounds.
TSNE MissionWorks envisions a society grounded in principles of social and economic justice . As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors each individual as a whole person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE MissionWorks actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work. We value the unique talents and contributions of each of our employees.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We strongly encourage online applications. Please attach your resume and cover letter.
We also accept applications by mail or fax. Send to:
Attn: Employment Manager
89 South Street, Suite 700
Boston, MA 02111
Or fax to: 617.896.9393.