Jewish National Fund seeks to recruit an experienced Facility and Building Manager based in the Jewish National Funds Manhattan office. This positon will report to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Duties will include:
· Supervise all repairs and maintenance throughout building.
· Respond to emergency requests for facility and equipment repairs.
· Oversee clearing of snow and ice from entrances and sidewalks. Makes sure property is kept safe for pedestrian traffic.
· Oversees maintenance of HVAC systems and related infrastructure. Performs required tests and keeps required logs. Maintain maintenance logs and inspection logs for fire alarm, elevators, cooling tower and closed loops water treatment and other mechanical equipment in keeping with all federal, state and city regulations. Keep track and schedule all city agency required inspections in a timely manner.
· Diagnoses and performs major and routine maintenance repair within building including:
o Electrical and plumbing systems
o Elevator, BMS(Building management System), HVAC, Chiller – Heater and Boiler Systems, Pumps, Fans Compressors
· Perform mandatory safety tests. Makes sure necessary safety inspections by outside contractors are completed as required; Maintains proper records.
· Negotiate and keep track of contracts and follow up on deadlines for repairs and inspections with outside vendors.
· Track facility work projects both unfinished and completed
· Oversee painting, remodeling, and building repairs
· Oversee contractor repairs as needed.
· Maintain schedule of the JNF apartment and coordinate cleaning services, supplies and maintenance of the apartment.
· Work closely with IT to coordinate logistics on new hires in the office and train them on office procedures.
· Supervise security staff
· Obtain list of daily events/meetings to prepare work assignments for facilities team.
· Work with events managers, fundraisers and other internal departments to coordinate catering and rental needs and finalize or confirm local and national event logistics to ensure successful execution of event aspects.
· Assist and supervise maintenance clerk with special mailing projects, as necessary.
· Keep track of return mail and maintain account with USPS and recording airborne mail/FedEx shipments on the computer.
· Work with A/P department to process monthly invoices pertaining to the NYC office and national invoices for FedEx, Staples, WB Mason, Storage, Catering, Car Service, Security, etc.
· Work with CFO handling petty cash account for the NYC office.
*Essential: Hands on experience in HVAC/minor electrical and plumbing.
· 6 years relevant experience as building or office manager/maintenance, or other relevant experience.
· Previous experience with maintaining appropriate inventories and staying within budgeted expenses
· Working knowledge of mechanical systems (i.e. experience) including HVAC, heater/chiller units, BMS controls, sprinklers, standpipes, pumps, plumbing, electrical, fire alarm, etc.
· Experience with elevator, A/C, Chiller – Heater and Boiler Systems, Pumps, Fans Compressors
· Excellent communications Skills
· Previous experience building strong relationships with internal and external customers such as vendors
· Computer skills including experience working Microsoft Word, Excel, Email and Internet
· Previous Managerial Experience is necessary
• Top-notch Healthcare
• Dental & Vision
• Flexible Spending Account
• Employer-paid Life Insurance
• Employer-paid Short and Long-term Disability
• 403(b) and Employer Contribution
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please go direct to the JNF website (Employment Opportunities) and click on ‘Apply Here’ within the position.