Full time | Location: Greater Boston
WPS seeks a Manager of K-12 Partnerships to join its small and growing team beginning Fall 2021. The Manager of K-12 Partnerships will play a key role in increasing the reach of our organization by developing and strengthening partnerships and relationships with multiple stakeholders, locally, regionally, and nationally, while supporting related communications and operational processes. This role is ideal for an individual with a deep respect for educators and students and with a working understanding of the K-12 landscape. The person in this role will leverage authentic relationship building, thoughtful communications, and CRM management to increase the impact of the Partnerships team and WPS Programs.
ABOUT WPS AND ITS PROGRAMS
WPS is a growing non-profit education start-up founded on a humanistic view of what it means to be educated - one that values inductive learning that extends beyond traditional markers of achievement. Our practices are grounded in the belief that learning is most powerful when it is participant-centered, metacognitive and mindset shifting, at the nexus of theory and practice, and able to move hearts and minds. Throughout everything we do, we maintain a strong focus on recognizing and investing in educators who serve our country’s highest need communities. Our programs center around two complementary endeavors that we will continuously develop and refine: the learning and development of educators and the students they serve.
● At the core of WPS sits the Adult Learning Institute, a center of professional learning that deploys a range of adult learning pedagogies to meaningfully deepen educator practice. Teachers and school leaders (“educators”) from across the country participate in rigorous, research-based inductive learning experiences including our foundational and specialized programs. Many of these experiences are cohort-based and ideally in-person, bringing together teachers or school leaders from multiple locations in a single participatory environment. WPS is also developing a suite of content that teams can self-facilitate at their school.
● WPS also offers important transitional support to college-bound high school graduates, with the goal of helping students build greater agency to proactively navigate and shape their college experience. WPS launched the first College Transition Program as a pilot program in summer 2020. This highly exploratory program will extend WPS’ collective thinking about the relationship between adult and student learning.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The ideal Manager of K-12 Partnerships will have experience developing and nurturing partnerships with educators and students and should be adept in the communications and operations processes that support the partnership function, such as meaningful stakeholder engagement, nuanced interpersonal skills, and fluency with a CRM system such as Salesforce. All candidates should be excited by the prospect of working closely as part of a small team to create, enable, and deliver effective programs for educators, while also joining a startup where iteration and continuous improvement processes are commonplace. The Director of K-12 Partnerships will serve as the manager for this role.
Develop and grow school partnerships
● Implement a partnership strategy in collaboration with the Director of K12 Partnerships that aligns with WPS’s beliefs, programs, and strategic vision
● Support partnership development with schools, organizations, and networks across the country based on alignment with WPS’ professional learning programs for educators
● Nurture and build relationships with school leaders, teachers, and students with the goal of building authentic connections around shared priorities
● Identify and establish relationships with local high schools based on alignment with WPS’s College Transition Program (CTP)
● Present relevant CTP information at local high schools with counselors, advisors, and students
● Connect directly with nominated students or educators to explore and share the relevance and potential benefits of WPS’ programs
● Travel locally and regionally, as needed and if possible up to 20% of the time, to engage with current and potential partners or attend broader K12 conferences and convenings.
Manage partner communications
● Craft and disseminate communications for local and national WPS school partners, including newsletters, email reminders, and follow-up communications
● Support the development of relevant marketing materials for current and potential WPS partners
● Participate in onboarding and ongoing communications with educators engaging in various online and in-person WPS programs
Provide operational support
● Leverage WPS’s CRM system to manage partner relationships across the various stages of engagement
● Collaborate with WPS staff to build internal systems, processes, and infrastructure to support WPS’s partnership strategy
● Take on other responsibilities based on interest and need, as the organization grows and evolves its programmatic focus over time
Desired Mindsets, Experience and Qualifications
● Have 4+ years of experience, including both:
○ Direct experience in and around students and schools
○ Partnership development and/or program recruitment
● Demonstrate competency in Salesforce or similar CRM system
● Exhibit comfort managing data sets (excel, pivot tables) and ability to learn and apply analytic systems-thinking
● Hold an equity-focused orientation
● Hold a Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in related field (preferred)
● Demonstrate ease, agility, and comfort when engaging with a wide range of external stakeholders
● Exhibit thoughtful and nuanced written and verbal communication skills
● Demonstrate self-initiative and an ability to work independently to manage projects and progress against work plans and goals in a short time-frame, to high standards
● Hold a commitment to honor students and teachers and a strong belief in the power of learning that is learner-driven and centered, inquiry-based, inductive, cross-disciplinary, interdisciplinary, experiential, and project-based
● Embrace feedback, differing perspectives, and learning from others; accept and provide feedback with grace, demonstrating openness, humility and lack of defensiveness
● Exercise comfort, flexibility, and adaptivity in a highly fluid start-up environment that requires team members to take on a range of responsibilities and contribute on multiple fronts;
● Demonstrate adaptability and a high tolerance for uncertainty and ambiguity
WPS offers a competitive salary and benefits package for this position. Please submit your application here.
WPS is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
Full time | Location: Greater Boston
WPS seeks a Manager of K-12 Partnerships to join its small and growing team beginning Fall 2021. The Manager of K-12 Partnerships will play a key role in increasing the reach of our organization by…