37 West 26th Street
Solar One, a leading non-profit organization in New York City is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to join our fast growing organization. The CFO will be accountable for the organization’s financial, treasury, and risk management operations, including developing financial strategies that support those operations and creating metrics to measure their performance in comparison with related strategies. The CFO will provide continuous monitoring and improvement, as needed, of accounting and operational systems designed to report financial results accurately and drive bottom‐line performance.
· Lead the Accounting Department staff and supervise all financial functions.
· Provide support to the Executive Director, Treasurer and the Finance, Human Resources, and Audit Committee of the Board of Directors; report detailed operating results to the Executive Director and the Committee and summary results to the Board quarterly.
· Collaborate with executive leadership and participate in key organizational decisions as a member of the executive management team.
· Develop and implement financial strategies that aid in revenue growth, expense reduction, net income, and cash flow goals and objectives, while supporting the achievement of programmatic and development goals and objectives.
· Coordinate with the development team on the development of funding sources and reporting to funders.
· Provide financial analysis as appropriate to the Executive Director.
· Provide strategic financial information to support decision-making regarding the introduction of new services, the creation of new “lines of business”, the design of employee compensation and benefit plans, and the evaluation and implementation of investment opportunities for the organization’s fund balance.
· Assure the timely production and distribution of monthly financial reports, including budget vs. actual, to all program managers, department directors, and executive staff.
· Design, implement, and lead core financial processes to support, long-range and annual operating and capital planning and budgeting.
· Implement appropriate internal control procedures and mechanisms to ensure the safeguarding of all assets and the proper recording of all transactions.
· Supervise a risk management program that includes implementation of all standard operating procedures with adjustments to those procedures as needed, acquiring all required insurances, managing capital expenditures in compliance with capital budgets, leasing required office space(s) and equipment.
· Assure the compilation of all materials and the provision of any support required by the auditors for their audit of the organization’s year-end financial statements.
· Ensure that the organization complies with all governmental legal, contractual, and regulatory requirements including state and local business licenses and that record keeping and reporting meet the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
· Ensure proper supervision and training of all personnel working on financial, accounting and audit matters.
· BA/BS Degree in Accounting, MBA preferred.
· Currently licensed CPA.
· A minimum of 10 years in Senior Management and Accounting with at least three years’ experience as a CFO, and five years as a Controller in not-for-profit organizations.
· Knowledge of US GAAP and US Tax Laws.
· Must be proficient with Blackbaud Financial Edge and Microsoft Office; a quick learner with new software.
· Highly organized with excellent communication skills.
Minimum Education Required