Full Time Contract
About Enko Education:
Increasing access to top universities and great secondary education for middle class students in Africa
Young african talents are under-represented in the world’s best universities. In the United States alone, a census by UNESCO reveals 900,000 foreign students, of which only 31,000 originate from sub-Saharan Africa. Similarly, 100,000 students come from India, a country whose population size and GDP per capita are similar to that of sub-Saharan region. This discrepancy is explained by the inadequacy of traditional secondary education to prepare learners to go into such universities.
Enko Education is an Africa-wide fast-growing network of international secondary schools, preparing learners across Africa for admission to the world’s best universities.
To that end, Enko Education develops an innovative education model relying on an internationally-recognized curriculum, the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP). By adopting an asset-light strategy and relying on extensively trained local teachers, Enko Education is able to charge schools fees which are on average a quarter of those charged by other IBDP schools in Africa.
Our expansion in Sub-Saharan Africa:
We are constantly opening new schools in new African countries
The group opened its first school in September 2013 and now comprises 8 schools (soon 9), located in Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Mozambique and South Africa. We share the ambition to setup further 30 schools in fifteen countries in the next five years. Enko Education is financially supported by international development institutions and funds including Proparco, I&P and Oiko Credit.
We are seeking heads of schools, individual who are inspirational, ambitious, adventurous and care deeply for children, to start or run schools in our current and future countries of operations in SubSaharan Africa. Current or recently retired heads are warmly welcomed to apply. In exceptional cases, highly experienced IB Coordinators or Heads of Department may also apply for first headship.
While we adapt our model to local reality and need, we aim to focus on international secondary curriculum with English and/or French (bilingual) medium of instruction.
Detailed description of the role:
Tasks include to:
- Setup the school (setup the management and pedagogical processes, organization, tools…)
- Run the school through the accreditation processes
- Grow the school’s student body, ensure parent satisfaction
- Recruit and retain teaching and nonteaching staff. Train, mentor, coach our teachers.
- Manage the finance of the school and all aspects of the school operations
- Contribute to define/improve the Enko model and develop our network in Sub-Saharan Africa
The heads of schools receive a wide range of support. They work closely with Enko Education headquarters whose support systems center on four domains – Learning & Teaching (Academics), Communications & School Marketing, Operations and Finance. Other heads of schools of the Enko Education network also provide supports to one another through multiple means including an annual retreat.
The ideal candidate:
- Has extensive experience as a head of school ... or the motivation and skills to become one
- Breathes IB values
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial mindset with a hands-on attitude, lots of energy and resilience
- Thinks growth and scale, to tackle one of the largest and most pressing need of the continent
- Shares our excitement to offer a top-notch international education to the fast-growing African middle-class
- Understand the affordability challenges and expectations we will face with our parent population
- Demonstrate a passion for the African continent
- Exhibit excellence in English communications. French is a must for Francophone countries..
- Embodies our values like no other.
We will help the selected candidate to relocate and obtain necessary work permits. Benefits include housing, an annual flight home, medical aid.
Level of Language Proficiency
French (full proficiency)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply directly on our website : https://enkoeducation.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=49