DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
Since 2004, Games for Change (G4C) has been empowering game creators and innovators to drive real-world change, using games and immersive media that help people to learn, improve their communities, and contribute to make the world a better place. G4C partners with technology and gaming companies as well as nonprofits, foundations and government agencies, to run world class events, public arcades, design challenges and youth programs. G4C supports a global community of game developers working to use games to tackle real-world challenges, from humanitarian conflicts to climate change and education.
G4C seeks a creative and energetic Director of Marketing and Communications responsible for developing and executing marketing and communication strategies and materials that ensure communication about G4C’s programs, services, and events to align with the organization’s strategic priorities and mission.
This person will report to the organization’s Managing Director, and manage the Communications Manager. The position will have a particular focus on driving the strategy and narrative of our brand social media channels (where we engage both consumer and business audiences ) in addition to developing PR and social media strategies to extend the reach and impact of our various national social good campaigns.
This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday, 10AM-6PM. G4C is currently operating remotely but the position is expected to work out of an office located in NYC est. September 2021.
- Build the G4C brand to be relevant in our dynamic environment and be relevant to our audience segments to drive engagement around G4C and our mission
- Develop and execute innovative marketing strategies to grow awareness and perception of and engagement with G4C across multiple channels
- Create and implement marketing efforts to drive sponsors, nonprofits and educators to G4C Website for our program offerings.
- Create and manage consistent marketing materials for G4C to use with key audiences (funders, nonprofits, professionals, and companies)
- Serve as key liaison with external marketing and communications partners, including our PR team, leading campaign development from concept and strategy through to execution
- Set campaign KPIs, track performance, and lead post mortem analysis
- Develop and execute a comprehensive communication plans for both our internal programs (such as the G4C Festival, Student Challenge Competition and more) and external programs including media and partners
- Lead on thought leadership resources and materials that advance the sector including the identification of media and speaking opportunities that showcase the work and G4C’s leadership.
- Oversee production of marketing videos related to various programs
- Staying abreast of relevant current events, cultural moments and industry trends, and identifying opportunities for the G4C social voice to address in real-time in meaningful and brand-aligned ways on social media channels
- Develop and oversee a social media strategy to advance G4C’s mission on current channels: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google Group as well as on channels hyper-relevant to the games industry (Discord, Twitch, etc.)
- Manage the Communications Manager with passion, strong communication and leadership. Develop annual objectives for the Communication Manager and assess their performance on a regular basis.
- Train, mentor, and onboard new and existing department staff and interns if necessary
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in marketing or advertising.
- A minimum of seven to ten years of experience in brand marketing, partnership management, creative/content, consumer insights, and/or innovation.
- Commitment to the mission of social change through video games and immersive media
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and their users (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Tik Tok, etc.)
- Active and engaged participant in social media
- Superb verbal, written and presentation skills to communicate effectively, and on-brand, with consumers, in-house stakeholders and partners
- Solid understanding of digital content, communication and marketing principles
- Photo/Video editing experience and basic design capabilities for social media
- Familiarity with web and social media analytics (Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Highly creative, strategic thinker with ability to develop fresh, executable ideas that support internal initiatives
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage/execute multiple ongoing projects
- Knowledge of ad campaigns and implementation
- An independent work ethic and drive and know when to escalate to higher-ups
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiar with:
- Google Drive apps and Dropbox
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat Pro
- Social media management tools like Tweetdeck or Hootsuite
- Google Analytics
- MailChimp or similar HTML newsletter platform
- Youth Issues & Education A+
- Record of handling sensitive personal and financial information with confidentiality
- Strong knowledge of influencers and game streamers A+
How to apply:
To apply, please send an email with the subject line “G4C Marketing Director” to Marissa Harts at email@example.com. Please send your resume as an attachment and include your cover letter (which should share what makes you a fit for this role, plus your favorite game to play) in the body of the email.