2271 North Frontage Road West
Position Title: Senior Accountant
Reports to: Monica White, VP Finance & HR
About Bravo! Vail
The Bravo! Vail Music Festival brings world-renowned musicians to picturesque venues throughout the Vail Valley for six weeks each summer, drawing music lovers from around the world. The only festival in North America to host four of the world’s finest orchestras in a single season, Bravo! Vail’s 2018 season features residencies with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, The Philadelphia Orchestra, and the New York Philharmonic – plus the London-based Academy of St Martin in the Fields, which, in 2016, became the first international orchestra to perform at the Festival. In addition, internationally acclaimed chamber artists and soloists perform a wide array of unique and carefully curated chamber music programs.
As stewards of exceptional orchestral and chamber music in the Vail Valley, Bravo! Vail is proud to continue the tradition of providing the very best education programs to youth and adults. The After-School Piano Program, Little Listeners @ the Library, the Instrument Bank, Free Family Concerts, Spring Family Concerts, and Instrument Petting Zoos provide education and enrichment programs to area children all year long. In addition, an extensive series of Free Concerts, Pre-concert lectures, Bravo! Vail After Dark, Chamber Musicians in Residence, open rehearsals, master classes and internships reach thousands more youth and adults throughout the Vail Valley every summer.
The three tenets of the Bravo! Vail brand are: extraordinary music, the natural beauty of the Vail Valley and the social and community aspects associated with the concert experience.
Bravo! Vail Mission: Bravo! Vail enriches people's lives through the power of music by: • Producing the finest performances by the greatest artists; • Fostering music education; • Promoting a lifelong appreciation of the arts.
Bravo! Vail Values: • Advances excellence; • Shares artistic passion; • Acts with integrity and respect; • Embraces collaboration.
Bravo! Vail celebrates its 31st season from June 21 through August 3, 2018 under the direction of artistic director Anne-Marie McDermott and executive director Caitlin Murray. Bravo! Vail is a 501 (c) 3 Colorado non-profit organization, founded in 1987.
Bravo! Vail’s administration culture is a tight-knit, collaborative group of happy, active people who value each other as team members. Each department at Bravo! Vail takes great pride in their work, while also taking great pleasure in the unique Vail lifestyle. The relaxed, dog-friendly office is full of camaraderie (and snacks), and during the summertime while the festival is on, the work is intense and the energy is infectious.
The Senior Accountant’s primary job function is to plan and direct accounting activities in the finance department. Prepare daily financial entries, financial reconciliations, and assist with financial statement preparation for management and the Board of Trustees review. Provide human resources support, benefits management, and compilation of payroll data. This position plays an important role by providing support to all the departments at Bravo! Vail.
· Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and payroll
· Prepares journal entries and reconciles general and subsidiary ledgers
· Reconciles balance sheet and revenue accounts, including investments
· Reconciles monthly bank statements
· Prepares monthly internal financial statements, including distributing monthly revenue and expenditure reports to management
· Works with Development and Box Office teams assuring that all funds are properly handled, recorded, and properly accounted for in financial systems
· Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures
· Coordinates preparation of audit reports for external auditors and acts as a liaison
· Provides assistance to all departmental personnel with budget questions, proper expenditure coding, document processing and other accounting related activities
· Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems
· Other duties as assigned
· Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources function and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance
· Keeps records of benefits plans participation, personnel transactions, and employee statistics for government, internal, and external reporting
· Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
· Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental, and vision insurances, retirement plans, vacation, personal, and leave of absence
· Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier
· Prepares payroll, assists with job hiring, posting, and separations
· Assists with change to organization’s benefits and makes recommendations to management
· Assists on issues related to workers’ compensation, liability claims and benefit questions
· Reviews all new hire/terminations in payroll system and all benefits associated with employment/termination
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion with all Human Resource activity
· Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Experience in accounting and human resources roles
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures in GAAP accounting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong dependability, maintains confidentiality, keeps commitments
- Dedicated to meeting expectations through timely and quality project completion
- Attention to detail
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, develops alternative solutions
- Team player, aligns work with strategic goals., conserves organizational resources
- Passion for Bravo! Vail’s mission, vision and supports the values
Reports to: VP of Finance & HR
Job Type: Full-time, year round
Compensation: Salary DOE. Bravo! Vail offers a very generous benefits and vacation package.
Employer: Bravo! Vail Music Festival
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email resume and cover letter to Carol Schimmer, Executive Assistant. email@example.com, with subject line: Senior Accountant Position.