Details: Commensurate with experience.
6550 Railroad Avenue
Our Mission: To nourish and serve our community by providing healthy food and compassion to people living with HIV and other medical conditions.
· Act as a strategic partner with the ED for the implementation of the agency’s goals and direction.
· Supervise specific management positions – currently client service manager, volunteer manager, and office manager.
· Support the ED in management of daily operations.
· Act in a second-in-command role and on behalf of the ED (when absent), and as requested at other times.
Personnel and Human Resources
- Assist in supervision of staff positions and programs under the ED’s direction.
- Review employment applications to evaluate qualifications or eligibility of applicants and assist with interviews.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organization objectives and culture. Explain agency personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees or job applicants.
- Oversee performance management for direct reports, and support the ED and other supervisors with possible performance improvement plans.
- Mediate disputes, resolving conflicts among staff, volunteers and clients.
Communications and Community Relations
- Provide direction and assist in development of internal and external message. Work with consultants as needed.
- Act as a spokesperson for the agency.
Management and Administration
- Ensure professional standards of behavior in the office at all times.
- Provide supervision and evaluation of all staff and programs that report to the Deputy Executive Director, as indicated on the Food For Thought organizational chart.
· Work with the ED and board to develop and evaluate programs in accordance with the agency’s strategic plan.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent analytic and decision-making skills.
- Minimum five years of supervisory leadership experience at a non-profit agency.
- Open and flexible interpersonal relations style with excellent listening and feedback skills.
- Knowledge of CA employment laws and regulations.
- Relevant education background, including a Bachelors or advanced degree.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience; excellent benefits package.
Organization Description: Food For Thought provides comprehensive nutrition services to 700 people in Sonoma County affected by HIV and other serious illnesses. Our services include weekly groceries, congregate meals, vitamins and supplements, and nutrition education. We are located in Forestville in a beautiful building surrounded by organic gardens. FFT operates with a staff of 15 and over 600 active volunteers. The values of respect, dignity, compassion are deeply ingrained in the culture of the agency, which seeks to provide both food and love to our clients. Food For Thought has recently expanded its mission, and this position presents an exciting opportunity to contribute to a growing, thriving agency in a time of creative expansion and change.
Excellent benefits package.
Minimum Education Required