Administrative Assistant (Part Time)
660 13th Street
We are an international network dedicated to advancing gender equity and protecting the human and civil rights of women and girls, through peaceful legal means. We advance our mission by connecting the lawyers and legal associations willing to donate their skills and energy to the activists and organizations working to promote this cause nationally and throughout the world.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
As the Administrative Assistant, you will work closely with our Executive Director as her main support staff. You will be responsible for supporting our operations, administration, and communications work. Depending on your capacity and IANGEL capacity and needs, there is scope to expand the role.
Hours & Compensation:
2 days per week at 5 hours (10 hrs/week total) with some scope for flex hours. Hours per week may vary based on workloads. $15/hour.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Handle vendor contracts, bills, invoices, and deposits.
- Maintain financial records, such as donation slips, receipts, and contracts.
- Conduct monthly bookkeeping data entry on Quickbooks.
- Prepare donor appeal letters and thank you letters for donations.
General Operations & Administration:
- Ordering supplies, managing our general inbox (email@example.com); process incoming paper mail.
- Maintain accurate donor database, including cleaning up duplicates, updating addresses, ensuring similar data entry across all records. .
- Support event logistics, such as ordering supplies for events, recording attendance, etc.
- Strong eye for detail, reliable, and conscientious.
- Quick study, with good time-management skills.
- Excited to work for a cutting edge feminist nonprofit
- Experience with bookkeeping and database management preferred.
- Quickbooks experience is a bonus!
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and 2 references by August 20, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required