Administrative Assistant to the Chief Board Relations Officer
- Job posted by Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC)
40 West 20th Street
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action organization. We use law, science and the support of two million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff of more than 500 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Livingston, Montana and Beijing.
NRDC is seeking a Board & Strategic Relations Assistant in our NY Office. This position provides administrative support to the Board Relations team, under the leadership of the Chief Board Relations Officer.
This position will assist with the cultivation, stewardship, and management of NRDC’s Trustees as well as other external relationships, and will also provide extensive administrative support in planning for NRDC Board meetings. Job duties include scheduling, travel and logistics, general correspondence and meeting briefs, file management, assistance with meeting preparation and management, and processing expenses and invoices.
- Calendar management for supervisor and team, scheduling meetings, and preparing meeting materials.
- Assist with planning tasks and events.
- Assist with copy editing and proofing correspondence.
- Manage contact lists including updating and distribution.
- File management and creation of processes for organizing team work.
- Prepare general background materials, including by researching assigned topics.
- Process monthly expenses and invoices.
- Manage travel arrangements.
- Coordinate catering, AV equipment, and other logistics for conferences/meetings.
- And all other general administrative tasks.
- BA required.
- Experience and comfort working with high profile individuals.
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling of matters relating to board members and the board.
- Ability to work accurately and with composure under deadline pressure.
- Self-directed, with the ability to prioritize and simultaneously work on multiple projects.
- Experience working in the non-profit sector preferred.
- Interest in environmental issues a plus.
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/jobs and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. We would like you to upload any additional papers or project work that you think would showcase your abilities. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-800-889-4422.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org
Minimum Education Required