232 Third Street
The Center for Urban Pedagogy (CUP) is seeking a Development and Program Assistant to provide support on CUP’s Youth Education and Community Education projects as well as assist with organizational initiatives, particularly fundraising. We are seeking an engaged and energetic individual who wants to be part of a diverse and dynamic team committed to using design and art to contribute to meaningful social change.
The Development and Program Assistant will work on a broad range of CUP projects and organizational initiatives. This is an entry-level position, with opportunity for learning and growth. The selected candidate will work with all of CUP’s staff across the organization, and will report to CUP’s Youth Education Program Manager.
Position responsibilities include:
Project and program support:
• Assist program staff with project management tasks, including meeting planning and documentation, and facilitating regular communication with project partners and students
• Coordinate the production of final products
• Conduct policy and planning-related research on topics for CUP’s Youth Education and Community Education projects
• Document and archive projects, including updating website
• Assist with project evaluations with project partners and participants
• Coordinate launch events, student field trips, trainings, and other events
• Coordinate open calls for program applications
• Conduct workshops and trainings using CUP tools
Development, outreach, and administrative support:
• Coordinate development tasks for the organization including donor correspondence, event logistics, and research on prospective funders
• Write extensively to communicate with a range of audiences
• Conduct outreach on CUP projects to organizations that might use them, particularly educational institutions and community organizations
• Provide general administrative and organizational support as needed
We are seeking a candidate with an interest and experience in working with youth, demonstrated research and communication skills, and a commitment to social justice. The ideal candidate would be self-directed, extremely detail-oriented, and able to work in a collaborative environment with a broad range of partners. Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. The candidate must be proficient with basic web applications and Microsoft Office. An interest in design and visual culture and experience with Adobe Creative Suite software are pluses, as is familiarity with a CRM software.
In support of our commitment to achieving greater social justice, CUP strives to be a healthy, positive, and sustainable place to work. To that end, we provide free health insurance benefits, a flexible leave policy, professional development opportunities, and a reasonable work schedule that allows our staff to have a healthy life both inside and outside of work. We are also committed to working together as a staff to better understand issues of race, equity, and justice and to continue to further our own education on how we engage with and address those issues as individuals and as an organization.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in the position, please send a cover letter; your resume; a short writing sample (3-5 pages), preferably demonstrating your ability to distill complex issues; and names and contact information for 3 references. Please send all materials as a single PDF to apply@welcometoCUP.org by Monday, August 27th at noon EST. Include “Development and Program Assistant” in the subject line.