50 Broad St.
ORGANIZATIONAL DESCRIPTION: Founded in 1994, the mission of the National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health (NLIRH) is to ensure the fundamental human right to reproductive health for Latinas, their families, and their communities through public education, policy advocacy, and community mobilization.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The main responsibility of this position is to assist and coordinate all administrative needs of NLIRH’s NYC office and support the Operations Manager with Facilities, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, and Event Coordination functions across the other sites (DC, TX, FL, VA, AZ). This person in this position will perform a variety administrative tasks, which include travel arrangements, meeting logistics, supply management, as well as expense tracking and reporting preparation, and overall office and facilities support. Additionally, he/she will work with the staff across programs to ensure that current and future organization-wide projects are carried out in conjunction with one another and are as seamless as possible.
LOCATION: New York City
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
Provide administrative and front desk support for the NYC Office and related administrative duties for external staff. Ensure NLIRH’s office is efficient and aesthetically pleasing by maintaining an organized and clean office, including one’s own area, answering phones, greeting guests, maintaining office equipment, supplies, filing systems, and corresponding with outside vendors;
- Front line staff responsibilities for NY Office, working with staff, guests, vendors, building maintenance, and all constituents;
- Greet job site visitors and field phone calls, emails, and inquiries to the appropriate person;
- Manage stock room and common areas;
- Process and mail internal & external correspondence including coordinating courier services;
- Order and track office supplies and organize maintenance for office equipment, as necessary;
- Monitor the conference room calendar;
- Plan and organize internal and external meetings, and ad hoc events. This includes logistics surrounding travel for staff retreats and special events (venue selection, invites, etc.), preparation and gathering of materials, and follow up as needed;
- Support administration and operational needs for monthly staff meetings.
- Track invoices and related office expenses via Intacct and Excel in coordination with Operations Manager;
- Work with Finance and HR team to record timesheets, vendor payments, and reimbursement requests.
- Prepares weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reports that are used to monitor/track spending and project ending fund balances and net working capital expenditures;
- Prepares a variety of financial reports for use by managers and other staff in making financial decisions;
- Enters expense data into the computerized budget system;
- Researches and answers staff questions pertaining to financial reports, monthly budgets and related subjects;
- Develops and maintains effective filing and recordkeeping system;
- Provides support to management during year end closing (June to November);
- Able to collect data and produce ad hoc finance reports in a timely fashion;
- Prepares various analyses requested by management.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems;
- Act as a technical resource to assist users with resolving computer issues;
- Liaison with the IT contractor to assist in the setup of the job site office (phones, furniture, equipment, supplies, etc.), as assigned by the Operations manager.
- Bilingual skills (Spanish), required;
- 2-3 years of Operations/Office experience;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs and/or experience with online accounting software (Intacct) experience preferred;
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects and requests;
- High levels of initiative, dependability, and flexibility;
- Ability to travel for event and IT support;
- Demonstrated commitment to reproductive freedom, immigrant women’s rights and social justice.
NLIRH offers excellent benefits, including health insurance, vacation and sick leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual skills (Spanish), required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying please send your resume, a thoughtful cover letter highlighting your Operations experience, and salary requirements via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org