Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements referencing Development and Administrative Coordinator position in the subject line to: email@example.com or 1127 11th Street, Suite 925, Sacramento, CA 95814.
Health Access seeks a Development and Administrative Coordinator to support the organization’s activities and staff, and in particular the Director of Operations and Development in the areas of fundraising and administration. The position is located in Sacramento, with occasional travel to our locations in Oakland and Los Angeles.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement a year-round fundraising program to include prospecting, cultivating and soliciting funders for both our 501(c)(3) organization – Health Access Foundation (primarily grant funded), and our 501(c)(4) organization – Health Access California (primarily organizational membership dues funded).
- Maintain process to manage an ongoing pipeline of potential funders, including foundations, organizations, and individual donors. Develop/maintain/improve spreadsheet and database funder tracking methods.
- With guidance from the Executive Director and the Director of Operations and Development, research funding opportunities, and help to develop leads for those that appear promising.
- Work with Health Access key personnel to draft and submit grant proposals and reports.
- Manage Health Access California’s annual organizational membership drive. Seek opportunities to build membership.
- Develop/maintain a working knowledge of Health Access California’s mission and programs to promote field and fundraising initiatives.
- Provide leadership in building confidence and a strong working relationship between the community partners and Health Access California as an organization.
- Support Director of Operations and Development and others staff with recruitment of coalition members.
- Support Director of Operations and Development in developing timelines, workflows and systems to improve the efficiency of the organization.
- Organize and maintain databases and files.
- Provide overall support for Health Access organizational activities. Serve as primary point person for certain event planning and logistics. For example, for quarterly Board meetings of both Health Access Foundation and Health Access California, help in planning and preparation, including scheduling, assembling and distributing Board materials and packets, obtaining meeting venue, coordinating catering
- Schedule meetings, conference calls, and travel for the Executive Director, Director of Operations and Development and other staff.
- Provide support for office headquarters in Sacramento, and satellite and home offices around California. Troubleshoot office problems (phone, internet, copier, maintenance, etc.) and contact service providers accordingly; act as triage and point person for office IT needs.
- Assist organization in the timing filing of key administrative documents, such as lobbying disclosures forms.
- Provide administrative and financial management support to contract lobbyist.
- Complete office management tasks, including supply ordering, copying, and filing.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of proprietary information.
- Adhere to best practices and department timelines; help drive Operations team accountability.
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned by immediate supervisor and senior management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- At least 2 years’ fundraising experience overseeing $500K+ in revenue, with familiarity in grant writing, peer-to-peer, special events and team management.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in administrative support and operations, preferably in a nonprofit setting.
- Strong proficiency in CRM system; prior accounting or grant administration experience preferable.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office software, Excel, database, and internet research skills.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple projects, meet deadlines, be responsive, and complete administrative functions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to work independently. Excellent planning, organizational and follow-up skills.
- Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access) as well as related software such as Adobe Acrobat.
- Effectively multi-task, establishes priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
Language and Communication Skills:
- Read and comprehend general instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Write professional correspondence and draft development materials.
- Analytical approach to problem-solving.
- Active listening and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to develop strong, positive and productive working relationships both within and outside Health Access.