The National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners has an opening for a Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant will manage and oversee day-to-day financial and accounting responsibilities to include accounts payable and receivables, general ledger, cash receipts, cash management, reporting, compliance, and other fiscally related tasks. Additionally, the Senior Accountant will assist with the update/implementation of a new automated accounting system, review of internal controls, implementation of new policies, streamlining various departmental processes and the cleanup of the chart of accounts and vendor files. The position reports to the Controller.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Performs account reconciliations, analysis of financial information, and prepares journal entry adjustments for month-end and year-end closing.
2. Reviews and assesses internal controls and accounting processes; recommends and implements changes or improvements as needed.
3. Gathers, evaluates, reports and presents financial information to various stakeholders.
4. Conducts budget development and review.
5. Prepares reconciliations and supporting schedules for the annual fiscal year-end audit.
6. Develops or improves financial reports, provides capital project status reports and performs fixed asset accounting.
7. Conducts cash flow forecasting, prepares investment report summaries and reconciles net asset accounts.
8. Conducts the upgrade/implementation of a new accounting system under the guidance of the Controller.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
1. Other duties as assigned.
1. BA/BS degree in accounting or related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of four years’ work experience or a combination of education and relevant work experience in positions of increasing responsibility. CPA certification is highly desired.
2. Experience in public accounting or experience as a senior finance professional at a small to medium size membership organization or comparable non-profit organization is highly desirable.
3. Exceptional knowledge of all aspects of accounting and financial statement presentation in a complex nonprofit with multiple programs. Knowledge of GAAP standards and regulatory requirements a must.
4. Advanced knowledge of accounting software, reporting software and MS Excel. Experience working with automated procurement systems is a plus. Proficiency in DelTek/Costpoint preferred.
5. Ability to complete complex assignments efficiently with a high degree of independence.
6. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Must work well in a team environment and be able to interact with NARUC’s members, leaders, volunteers, vendors, the public and employees.
7. Ability to develop and manage collaborative business relationships both internally and externally.
8. Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
9. Excellent verbal presentation and writing skills.
10. Ability to handle and maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
This is an exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience. NARUC has an excellent benefit package.
This is not an attempt to list all essential functions of this position. It is recognized that job duties may change over time, based on NARUC’s needs.
Position is remote through 2021. Must be available to return to work in the office with a hybrid model and able to work in our Washington, DC office.
The National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested individuals please submit cover letter with salary requirements and a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners has an opening for a Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant will manage and oversee day-to-day financial and accounting…