Transcend is a national nonprofit that leads innovation in school design in close partnership with visionary school operators around the country. We focus on innovation in every aspect of the holistic design of schools -- from the aims of school, to students’ experience, to the use of time, to the roles of educators and families and surrounding communities, to physical space, and much more -- to prepare all students for far greater success in the 21st century.
We do this in three ways:
- We build and spread innovative school models in partnership with visionary school communities.
- We build and deploy a diverse force of R&D talent, called the Yellow Hats League, to develop, codify and spread these new learning models.
- We build and share actionable knowledge to inform the innovation process with evidence-based insights.
Transcend works with leading operators in the district, charter and independent school sectors. In our second year of operation, we are currently working on five R&D projects with 16 visionary school operators across the nation.
One of Transcend’s big goals is to develop a talent force for the field that will enable the designing, building, and spreading of innovative learning environments. The Associate will play a key role, alongside the rest of the Transcend team, to make this a reality. We're still in our startup phase, so this is an opportunity to build a world-class employee experience that is centered on our core values and diversity, equity, and inclusion. Join us!
Who You Are:
Put simply, you love engaging with people – you’re a deep, critical thinker and a true listener who seeks to understand. Whenever you’re put in a room with people, you always leave with a few new friends. You know exactly where you met them because you’re just that organized and detailed oriented – you may even have notes on how you met them and how best to engage with them. You deeply value intentionally building culture and you sweat the small details that make up others' experiences. You know that diversity, equity, and inclusion each have a different and significant meaning and you're excited to help build an organization grounded in DEI where team members live into core valueslike Love and Play Big. You believe deeply in the power of education to change lives and are ready to roll up your sleeves and contribute to reinventing what education looks like in America.
Specific activities will vary week-to-week and will evolve dynamically as befits a thriving startup, but core responsibilities include:
Supporting the recruitment, hiring, and placing of an exceptional, diverse pool of R&D talent. You will:
- Play an active role in the recruitment of the highest-caliber candidates to work on partnerships with visionary school operators, including prospecting, candidate cultivation, strategically posting open opportunities, and relationship building with key partners
- Manage online applicant management system that effectively and efficiently tracks all candidate information
- Build and refine Transcend’s talent toolkit, including templates and samples of documents/tools used throughout the hiring process in order to support hiring managers
- Support spotless record-keeping throughout the entire talent management cycle in order to ensure all parties have up-to-date information and no details fall through the cracks
- Be the consistently welcoming face of the Transcend Talent team as you engage with candidates (through phone calls/phone screens, interviews, meet-and-greet events, and other occasions)
- Maintain a high degree of respect, humility, and confidentiality when engaging with candidates throughout the talent management cycle
Managing Transcend’s learning community, the Yellow Hats League. You will:
- Contribute to the development of community engagement strategies for the Yellow Hats League
- Manage execution of community engagement strategy among Transcend's R&D talent base, including communications, online community moderation, and more
- Manage the logistics of scheduling and supporting learning opportunities
- Develop relationships with Yellow Hats and maintain updated records of their interests and skills
Supporting our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) practices. You will:
- Research DEi related best practices, resources, and strategies
- Develop DEI related materials and experiences (e.g., for team discussions)
- Support DEI related measurement efforts
Supporting the engagement, development, and retention of our talented team members. You will:
- Play a key role in the onboarding of new team members (from pre-boarding to first 90 days) and the offboarding of team members, including the refinement of a strategy and creation of collateral materials/other tools for the onboarding and offboarding of team members
- Develop and support implementation of innovative employee experiences
- Support the assessment of professional development needs across the org
Tracking and analyzing data in order to drive continuous improvement. You will:
- Utilize Excel, Google docs, and other web-based databases to maintain precise records about all aspects of the talent management cycle (from recruiting and interviewing to hiring and evaluating staff)
- Develop data reports around key metrics on a monthly basis and make strategic recommendations based on findings
Special projects and new strategic initiatives -- contribute in other areas of the talent world based on needs and interests
First 6 Months - Objectives (ex):
- Recruit at least two experts for each hard to fill focus area
- Manage the hiring process (start to finish) for 10 open roles (with Transcend and with our Partners) with 100% of survey respondents sharing that they feel respected etc
- Develop clear, compelling content for 3 DEI "Practicums"
- Develop a Transcend employee experience map and implementation plan (from initial contact to development); support efforts to connect employee experience work to all parts of the organization
- Coordinate team of volunteer community stewards
To Thrive in this Role, You Will:
- Have a deep and demonstrated passion for Transcend's mission and alignment with our core values
- Love connecting with people – genuine interest in truly getting to know people and connecting them to opportunities
- Strong analytical skills (both qualitative and quantitative) – to build strategy, design and coordinate planning processes, and manipulate data in spreadsheets
- High capacity to get a lot done quickly and manage projects effectively-- independently managing multiple projects, creatively overcoming obstacles, tracking and meeting aggressive timelines with impeccable follow-through in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to achieve stellar results
- Name organization as one of your superpowers -- you love making order out of chaos and never drop anything or anyone
- Be a scrappy, flexible teammate - who builds positive relationships, takes a service orientation to colleagues, readily stretches high and low, doing whatever it takes to get the job done in an environment of ambiguity, resource constraints, and rapid shifts that befit a start-up
- Be hungry for feedback based on a personal commitment to excellence and constant learning – thrives on constant input, feedback from multiple sources, and fast-cycle iteration to arrive at the best possible product
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply here: http://www.transcendeducation.org/opportunities?gh_jid=1092914