Achieve Miami is searching for a self-driven, passionate, and fun-spirited individual to join our team as our Deputy Director of Program & Evaluation! This leader will lead our evaluation efforts and will directly supervise our Program Directors who oversee our music, elementary, and high school initiatives to ensure that we are consistently implementing high quality programs. This role requires a confident self-starter with an attention to detail, strong entrepreneurial spirit, relationship-building skills, and the ability to get things done. This is a full-time, salary-exempt position.
A valid driver’s license and must be available for evening and weekend responsibilities such as programming events, trips, professional development, etc.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Build and lead programmatic evaluation efforts:
- Lead the development of impact evaluation plans for Achieve Miami at large and for each of Achieve Miami’s programs
- Lead the development of data collection tools and the collection of program data for analysis (testing data, skill development, grades, student/family surveys, etc).
- Coordinate with an academic partner to facilitate impact evaluation
- Manage evaluation staff through data collection and analysis
Ensure high quality execution of all Achieve Miami programs:
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to create and track expenses against a organizational budget.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director on fundraising and grants for programming, which may require presentations to current and potential donors and foundations.
- Facilitate communication between Program Directors to ensure appropriate intersection/alignment of programs and initiatives
- Ensure appropriate external communication of programmatic progress via written, in-person, and social-media based communication
- Coach and professionally develop Program Directors and research and evaluation staff
- Conduct annual evaluations of direct reports (Program Directors and research and evaluation staff)
Contribute to strategic vision of Achieve Miami:
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to define Achieve Miami’s vision and develop/implement an organization-wide strategic plan
Who we’re looking for:
The ideal candidate for this Director role will have:
- Creativity: You enjoy thinking creatively about new initiatives and projects, all grounded in the vision to create the most value we can for the students we serve. You are comfortable ideating about new initiatives and then have the project planning skills to create an infrastructure to bring those new initiatives to life.
- Strong management skills: You’ve had experience managing others and are able to help your team set goals, strategize on how to achieve those goals, and celebrate wins. You are able to set a high bar and hold others accountable to meeting that bar.
- Strong organizational skills: We have a lot going on, and we need someone who can help us maintain an organized and calm work environment. You thrive on staying organized and knowing what you need to do to reach set goals. You have systems to help you stay on top of your personal to-do list and can integrate new tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Self-direction: You’re the type of leader who can map out what it takes to get it done - and then you do it! You’re a step ahead of the rest of the team, always anticipating what we’ll need, whether that’s extra copies or a system to help us streamline a process. You know how to “manage up” and can ask effective clarifying questions to ensure that your work stays on track.
- Solution orientation: You have a strong vision for what excellence looks like and you consistently put in the time and effort necessary to meet your goals. You know it’s less about the “hours worked” and more about the impact we have as an organization.
- High quality work product: You’re detail oriented and always double-check your work before handing it off. You take the time necessary to always do your best work and consistently tap into other staff members to learn from their expertise.
- Strong interpersonal skills: At Achieve Miami, we work with students, parents, donors, community members, and community leaders - and we need someone who can comfortably engage with all of these audiences! You have a strong customer service mindset and the ability to navigate complex conversations. You are a strong writer, emailer, and phone-answerer and are able to communicate clearly and warmly in all situations.
- Growth mindset: You’re hungry to develop your professional skills. You constantly request feedback on your work and ask for new responsibilities and challenges.
- Enthusiasm to do it all: You know that “doing good” isn’t always glamorous - it’s sharpening pencils, answering phone calls, gathering field trip forms, and ordering buses. You’re hungry for new challenges but also enthusiastic to pitch in on the small stuff.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s in Educational Leadership, Evaluation, or related field required
- 8+ years of experience developing, leading, and managing programs and program operations.
- Experience developing and implementing evaluation plans
This will be a full-time, salary-exempt position which will pay $70,000-85,000 annually. Medical, dental, and vision benefits are included the 1st of the month after 60 days of employment. To apply, please send a resume and tailored cover letter to email@example.com.
About Achieve Miami:
At Achieve Miami, we believe in the potential of every child. Together with partners from public and private schools, Achieve Miami designs and manages programs that extend learning opportunities for students, teachers, and education leaders. Through programs like Achieve Saturdays, Achieve Summer, the College Readiness Cohort, and Achieve Music, Achieve Miami is working to ensure that every child and leader have the opportunities they need to succeed.
Achieve Miami is 501(c)(3) organization. Achieve Miami’s main office is located at 1951 NW 7th Ave, Suite 600, Miami, FL 33136. You can visit www.achievemiami.org to learn more about Achieve Miami.