5400 N. St. Louis Ave.
WTTW (Chicago PBS) and WFMT (classical music radio station) are seeking a Community Engagement Assistant to provide direct support to the Community Engagement Director and coordinate activities of WWCI’s Community Engagement Department.
- Organize and staff activities for film screenings, children’s outreach and other community events and projects. Handle logistics, order catering, buy supplies, and set-up events and activities. Greet and check-in guests in a pleasant manner.
- Provide Community Engagement Department news and information to Human Resources, Marketing, and Public Relations. Assist Directors in ongoing internal and external departmental communications, including writing letters/memos as required.
- Process invoices, expense reports, supply requests and timesheets, funding and project reports for prompt handling by appropriate departments.
- Research and gather information and other data in a timely manner.
- Support other projects and special events for Production and Community Engagement.
- Coordinate calendar appointments and meetings.
- Other duties as requested.
- Evening and weekend hours often required.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Timely and clear communicator
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: specifically, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel and basic graphic design skills in Publisher
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong business etiquette
EXPERIENCE: 2-3 years administrative experience in a fast-paced office environment. Knowledge of Chicago non-profit community and/or community organizing experience desired. Spanish language proficiency a plus.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish language proficiency a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply directly on our website: https://interactive.wttw.com/about/employment