Assistant Executive Director for Early LIFE - Quality Assurance
- Job posted by Lutheran Social Services of New York
475 Riverside Drive
POSITION: Assistant Executive Director for Early LIFE - Quality Assurance
REPORTS TO: Executive Director for Early LIFE Services
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time – Management Team
The Assistant Executive Director for Early LIFE Services – Quality Assurance
assists the Executive Director with achieving LSSNY’s Early LIFE goals for quality assurance and improvement. S/he provides leadership and support to Directors, teachers and staff; assists with current and future planning opportunities; and ensures that the Early LIFE pre-schools provide all services in accordance with Federal, State, local government mandates. S/he ensures program quality and compliance through ongoing review, monitoring and follow-up support for all electronic record systems for Early LIFE (COPA, WES, TSG, Vendor Portal, CIR, Pro Care, Minute Menu and SEMS). S/he coordinates and monitors programmatic activities to ensure all Early Head Start/Head Start programs meet or exceed performance standards and adhere to other relevant regulations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Oversee early childhood support programs for all Early LIFE Centers.
- Collaborate with LSSNY’s senior leadership, ACS Leadership staff, the Head Start Policy Council and the Head Start Board Committee to align goals, define and refine programmatic outcomes.
- Provide intentional leadership to develop and implement LSSNY’s strategic plans for early childhood programming.
- Develop key partnerships/collaborations to enhance service offerings.
- Support child outcomes for short- and long-term, comprehensive model.
- Work with staff, Parent Policy Council and Head Start Board Committee to ensure that the program meets Head Start Performance Standards.
- Working with LSSNY and ACS leadership, create systems to track, monitor and analyze child outcomes at individual and aggregate levels.
- Support ongoing program evaluation and analytic support for Early LIFE program efforts.
- Oversee fiscal planning and management.
- Oversee program operations to ensure compliance with all Head Start and Department of Health standards.
- Work with LSSNY’s Finance and Advancement and Communications Departments to produce proposals for public and private funding opportunities.
- Support all audits and monitoring reviews.
- Establish core competencies and standards of excellence.
- Create a professional development system by crafting programmatic and individualized professional development plans, identifying professional activities, and promoting ongoing professional training.
- Engage in ongoing research and development to keep abreast of trends.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Director of Health and Nutrition
- Director of Health and Safety
- Director of Administration
- Director of ERSEA & Data Management
+ Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Master’s Degree in Information Systems or Master’s Degree in Program Management
+ Minimum of 10 years’ previous analytics and operations experience, three years in Early Childhood Education or related field
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
+ Knowledge of Early Childhood /ACS guidelines and protocols
+ Demonstrated knowledge of standardized core data tracking procedures, reporting templates, monthly data monitoring processes and process development
+ Proven advanced knowledge of COPA, WES, Child Plus, Data Say, TSG, Vendor Portal, CIR, SEMS, Pro Care, Minute Menu and related software
+ Demonstrated ability to conduct professional development training using a variety of platforms
+ Demonstrated ability to manage a high-quality early childhood education program in compliance with regulatory and contractual requirements
+ Demonstrated ability to hire, supervise, evaluate, maintain and sustain a highly competent, dedicated leadership team
+ Demonstrated ability to engage and work with community partners
+ Excellent interpersonal and communication (speaking, writing, listening) skills
+ Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and professionally with the Directors of the individual Early LIFE programs
+ Proficiency in internet navigation, e-mail, Microsoft word
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send all resumes and cover letters to the hiring supervisor, Kerron Norman, with “Assistant Executive Director for Early LIFE” in the subject line.
Chief Program Officer
[with “Assistant Executive Director for Early LIFE” in the subject line]
----LSSNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer----