At the Sustainable Forestry Initiative® Inc. (SFI), we believe that sustainable forests are critical to our collective future. SFI® is a sustainability leader through our work in standards, conservation, community, and education. As an independent, non-profit organization, we collaborate with our diverse network to provide solutions to local and global sustainability challenges. SFI works with the forest sector, brand owners, conservation groups, resource professionals, landowners, educators, local communities, Indigenous Peoples, governments, and universities. SFI Inc. is governed by an independent three-chamber board of directors representing environmental, social, and economic sectors equally.
The Communications and Marketing Intern will leverage the Sustainable Forestry Initiative’s (SFI) brand positioning across all communications and support SFI and Project Learning Tree (PLT) communications and marketing efforts, including drafting and editing a variety of communications (social media posts, blogs and articles, newsletters and e-blasts, etc.), conducting research, and coordinating projects. The position reports to SFI’s Communications and Marketing Manager, Jennifer Byerly.
This position is funded through support from the Science and Technology Internship Program (Green Jobs). The internship opportunity may range from 6-9 months based on experience and qualifications and must end by March 31, 2022.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Draft, schedule (SproutSocial), and monitor social media posts (Facebook and Twitter).
• Research, outline, and draft articles and blogs for use in email newsletters, etc.
• Create performance reports and highlight industry trends and best practices.
• Support the production of newsletters and e-blasts, including collecting and writing content, sourcing images, editing, and formatting (MailChimp.)
• Support coordinating regular updates to a centralized communications calendar.
• Support issue stakeholder research and media outreach.
• Support cross-pillar project management, including taking meeting notes and coordinating deadlines.
This position is funded partly through support from Natural Resources Canada’s Science and Technology Internship Program (Green Jobs). To be eligible for this internship, candidates must:
• Be between 15-30 years old at the start of employment;
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and • Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS
The ideal candidate will bring:
• Demonstrated professional experience in communications and marketing • Superior written and verbal communications skills
• Strong attention to detail
• An aptitude for learning new technologies and demonstrated ability to be a problem solver
• Track record for managing multiple complex projects and organizational skills to effectively plan, analyze, and meet deadlines
• An interest in environmental issues, education, and forestry and conservation.
At the Sustainable Forestry Initiative® Inc. (SFI), we believe that sustainable forests are critical to our collective future. SFI® is a sustainability leader through our work in standards, conservation, community, and education. As an…
To apply for this position, email a resume and cover letter to the attention of Jennifer Byerly, Communications & Marketing Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should say “Application: Communications & Marketing Intern”. Applications will be accepted until June 30, or until the position is filled.
To apply for this position, email a resume and cover letter to the attention of Jennifer Byerly, Communications & Marketing Manager, at email@example.com. Subject line should…