Monitor, evaluate, and maintain complex Infrastructure and security systems according to industry best practices to safeguard internal information systems and databases. Responsible for the support, maintenance, installation and administration of all LAN/WAN and IP telephony equipment at HOPE Center, the Bethesda Office and the Distribution Center. This includes network server management, hardware and software installation, upgrades, patches, router configuration, VMware Server management, NetApp SAN management, firewall management and connectivity. Responsible for all virtualization projects, infrastructure optimization, server, storage and network Infrastructure components, cloud architecture (private/public/hybrid) projects, and overseeing the disaster recovery plan.
1. Develop cutting-edge, innovative solutions for IT networks security. Need to have industry awareness of security threats and vulnerabilities. Responsible for system security planning, developing, and implementing security policies across multiple platforms. Ensures compliance of IT Security Policies. Ensure projects are in compliance with enterprise and organizational standards and guidelines. Update security patches on all computers, laptops and network equipment. Designs and conducts training for computer security education and awareness programs. Research and evaluate emerging security trends to ensure that education remains current and is continuously updated. Design audits of computer systems to ensure they are operating securely and that data is protected from both internal and external attacks. Make and implement recommendations for preventive measures as necessary. Keep training and certifications up-to-date with latest technology.
2. Assure 24/7 reliable network connectivity by performing proactive system maintenance and bandwidth analysis. Monitor networks to ensure confidentiality and integrity of data and availability of all network services. Troubleshoot and resolve network failures and bottlenecks to ensure trouble free communications for the end-user, between the servers and to the Internet. Monitor the QoS (quality of service) of the VoIP (voice over IP) connections. Configure and monitor network activity logs, Websense, E-Mail, instant messages and other system archives.
3. Design and propose cost effective LAN/WAN, Security and server enhancements/upgrades as required for optimal performance. This includes Testing and implementing Microsoft Exchange server 2010, NetApp SANs, VMware ESXi servers, Windows Server 2016, 2012 and 2008 R2, Microsoft SQL server 2012, 2008 and 2005, Windows 7, and Windows 10. Plan and test the development and implementation of new network hardware, software and upgrades.
4. Act as a mentor by including Helpdesk staff and Systems/Security Administrator in the day-to-day tasks in an attempt to cross-train so they can identify and troubleshoot network and security issues. Suggests ways to streamline the day-to-day tasks. Provide third tier support for Helpdesk problems as needed.
5. Develop and maintain the network architecture manual to include all pertinent server/hardware information in the event of an equipment crash which is included in the department’s disaster recovery plan and supports the foundation’s business continuity plan. Responsible for maintaining current licenses for all foundation software.
6. Interface with various carriers to install and repair wide area network facilities. This includes point-to-point leased lines, Internet service, and other data transmission services as required. Interface with software and hardware vendors to fix software/hardware issues. Provide 24/7 support and maintenance of all servers, routers, switches, firewalls, IDS, and VPN servers. Configure remote firewall and VPN devices for field offices around the world.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree in relevant field preferred.
2. Technical certifications (e.g., Microsoft, Cisco, etc.) required.
3. Ten (10) plus years of experience in the network security field and related experience with sniffers, IDS/IPS, Port Scanning, firewalls, VPNs, wireless security and vulnerability testing. Require Security certification from GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification) or ISC2 (International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium) such as GSEC, CISSP, GISF, GCFW, GCIA).
4. Ten (10) plus years of experience in LAN/WAN design, installation, and maintenance for networks greater than 300 nodes.
5. Ten (10) plus years of experience in firewalls, VPN servers, Microsoft Windows 2016, 2012, 2008 (to include Active Directory), Exchange 2010, Office Professional Plus 2016 and Office 365, Antivirus, and Backup software, SQL 2012, 2008 and 2005, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and Online, Office 365 and Skype for Business Server/Office Communication Server.
6. Experience in the integration of data and voice (e.g., Voice Over IP (VoIP), TCP/IP and other networking protocols.
7. Follow IT best practices and company policies related to configuring firewall policies, setting Group Policies, and ensuring the security and availability of the IT systems.
8. Well organized, customer focused, and the ability to work as a team. Strong customer service skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, and extremely detail orientated.
9. Must be able to travel to local and international offices as needed
Minimum Education Required