159 State Street
State Street Church, UCC (an Open and Affirming congregation) is seeking a loving, fun, and progressive person to lead our multi-cultural, economically and racially diverse Sunday School program.
· Must possess a passion for his/her Christian faith, thorough knowledge of the Bible and experience in Christian Education;
· Excellent interactive skills with children, youth and adults;
· Strong oral and written communication skills;
· Flexibility and a sense of humor.
· Coordinates with the Christian Education Board to develop and implement Sunday School Curriculum (Seasons of the Spirit).
· Facilitates the Sunday School program on Sunday mornings (9:00 am – 12:00 pm).
· Helps recruit and train teachers with the Christian Education Board.
· Coordinates nursery coverage.
· Helps facilitate two fellowship events (fall and spring).
· Facilitates the children’s roles in the Christmas Eve service.
· Estimated at 10 hours per week for 42 weeks (late August-early June).
Minimum Education Required