6129 Willston Drive
The Assistant Teacher will report directly to his or her supervisor, the classroom lead teacher, assistant director, or executive director. The Assistant Teacher primary responsibility is providing a safe, secure, and stimulating environment for at-risk children. The Assistant Teacher will also assist in providing an appropriate educational program using the Teaching Strategies Creative Curriculum for toddlers and/or preschoolers.
· Staffing each child and keeping individual records of goals and progress.
· Take daily anecdotal notes on each child for assessment purposes.
· Provide overall classroom daily planning with a collaborative team of co-teachers.
· Assist in guiding volunteers.
· Attend staff meeting and use information obtained at a staff meeting to prepare for classroom activities.
· Discuss all child or parent issues with his or her supervisor, and/or the director(s).
· Maintain the confidentiality of child and parent records.
Experience, Essential Skills, and Personal Characteristics:
- Must have a highly supportive style, that includes flexibility, and be a team player.
- Must demonstrate an ability to plan and prepare for specific activities.
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must have the ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences, and memos.
- Incumbent must have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to students, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Incumbent must have physical flexibility and be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Preferably, will possess at least one or two years of related experience.
Level of Language Proficiency
- English required
- Bilingual (Spanish-English) a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The Seven Corners Children’s Center is an equal opportunity employer and service provider. To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Jennifer Reynolds, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.