Details: salary is commensurate with education and experience
Reports to: Director of External Affairs
Department: Development & External Affairs
Status: Full-time, Exempt
About the Park and the Central Park Conservancy
Built between the years 1858 and 1873, Central Park is almost entirely man-made and considered to be a single work of art. Composed of natural elements – turf, woodlands, and water bodies, along with architectural elements, this 843-acre National Historic Landmark requires a unique set of skills to maintain these features to the highest standards. Founded in 1980, the mission of the Central Park Conservancy is to restore, manage and enhance Central Park in partnership with the public.
The Marketing Manager plays a critical role in developing data-driven marketing strategies that increase engagement and drive revenue. This position will work closely with the External Affairs team, as well as other departments to provide strategic marketing direction and support for public programs, fundraising campaigns, and other initiatives throughout the organization.
The Marketing Manager is also responsible for the overall management of the organization’s email program, lead generation efforts, and paid advertising. Working with internal stakeholders, this position will create, execute, and report back on marketing initiatives that meet the Conservancy’s business goals.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Work with internal departments to identify and execute cross-platform marketing strategies that drive awareness, program registrations, and donations.
- Coordinate content production and design of marketing materials with in-house graphic designers, web team, and in-Park staff
- Maintain content and promotions on the Conservancy’s website and outside digital and print publications
- Schedule, build, and send Conservancy emails. Implement email optimization strategies to improve metrics like delivery, open, and click-through rates
- Test and troubleshoot HTML and CSS to optimize email layout, performance, and compatibility across email clients and platforms
- Create and distribute 24-hour email performance reports and make recommendations on how to improve the email program and “course correct” when necessary
- Act as point person for internal email users – provide training, create templates, and troubleshoot problems
- Work with the Data Department to ensure the Conservancy is following industry standards to maintain email data hygiene
- Execute and track email acquisition efforts to meet annual goals for email list growth
- Develop and optimize print and digital advertising, including social media and Google ads
- Track KPIs and report on effectiveness of marketing efforts for email, lead generation, and revenue-generating initiatives
- Undergraduate degree, and 5-7 years of commensurate experience
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and email best practices
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with stakeholders across the organization
- Strong problem-solving, strategic, and analytical capabilities
- Good visual design sense
- Experience in the nonprofit space
- Knowledge of Photoshop and other Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Experience with Luminate Online a plus
Establishment and maintenance of a safe work environment is the shared responsibility of this organization and employees at every level. The Conservancy will make every effort to assure a safe environment and be in compliance with federal, state, and local safety regulations. Employees are expected to obey safety rules and to exercise caution in all their work activities. Accordingly, employees should be aware of any hazards, which could cause an injury or accident (e.g., spills, obstacles in walkways, etc.). If an employee discovers a potential dangerous condition, he/she should alert other employees and notify his/her supervisor immediately.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Central Park Conservancy provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Vacation & Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Pre-tax Voluntary Commuter/Parking Benefits
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Kindly submit cover letter and resume when applying to the position.