About Californians Dedicated to Education (CDE) Foundation
CDE Foundation works as a trusted partner with state education leaders and entities to create, resource, and implement solutions that result in a strong and valued public education system that serves every student in California. CDE Foundation serves as the fiscal manager for the California Department of Education (CDE) providing means for philanthropy to invest directly in a public education system that serves nearly 6.2 million students.
We remain committed to seeing every child reach their full potential and strive to leverage our partnerships and expertise in service of a more racially just and educationally equitable teaching and learning landscape. We accomplish this mission in three ways:
- We CONVENE people and organizations to develop goals and innovative solutions to improve our state’s public education system.
- We COMMUNICATE to build awareness and access to key resources.
- We CATALYZE new approaches to meet statewide goals, assembling and stewarding resources, including philanthropic investments in CDE and others, to invest in the development of innovative ideas and practices that can scale to advance public education.
For more information about our programs and work, please visit: www.cdefoundation.org
CDE Foundation is seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial-minded individual who is passionate about our mission and in building innovative programs that impact education at the state level. The Program Coordinator will provide support for programs and operations that will require collaboration across all our program teams and with the CEO and COO.
Program support will be for three key initiatives of the CDE Foundation including the California STEAM Symposium, the CA Teacher Residency Lab, and the California Labor Management Initiative. The Program Coordinator will provide support to program teams with event development and management. For CDE-related fiscal sponsor grants, the Program Coordinator will provide grants management support. Operations support will include administrative tasks such as arranging meetings for staff and Board members and general office support, as well as supporting the CEO and COO to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Provide support to program teams for virtual and in-person convenings that includes planning, budgeting, registration, communications, implementation, and post-event follow-up.
- Support CDEF programs and fiscal sponsor grants with grants management:
- Assist with research and preparation of grant applications and reports in collaboration with the program or fiscal sponsor leads;
- Set up and monitor new grants in Fluxx;
- Monitor and track grant reporting.
- Assist with planning and coordinating internal meetings, staff retreats, and events.
- Actively contribute to CDE Foundation’s mission and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives.
- Maintain organizational calendars regarding events.
- Support organization in setup and management of software, licenses, and accounts.
- General virtual office management: including mail and responding to general inquiries.
- Support the organization in ordering technology, materials, and other office supplies for staff.
- Administrative support for CEO: schedule external meetings, reconcile expense reports, communicate with board members and schedule board meetings.
- Support COO in HR administrative tasks related to recruitment and onboarding staff.
- Organizational Skills: Outstanding time management skills and attention to detail, with a proven ability to plan, prioritize tasks, and juggle multiple demands effectively.
- Communications Skills: Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication, and ability to prepare correspondence and synthesize meeting notes. Exceptional customer service skills.
- Technology Skills: Strong technology skills: proficiency with Microsoft suite products and online cloud systems (e.g. Google forms and docs, cloud storage platforms); adept with project management tools such as Trello or Slack.
- Problem Solving Skills: Ability to quickly understand a situation, use sound judgement, and choose an appropriate course of action.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Skill in managing changing priorities and ad hoc requests from various members of the staff and external stakeholders. Able to work independently and work cooperatively in a team setting with our small but dynamic staff.
- People Savvy: Comfort and ability to communicate effectively and interact with a range of stakeholders, including staff, board members, donors, and external vendors; should be confident in their ability to manage up. Excellent client-facing skills and experience interacting with business partners, vendors, and sponsors to coordinate event objectives.
- Mission and Values Alignment: Desire to work for a mission-driven organization that makes a positive difference, particularly in California public education. Commitment to far-reaching, equitable, and inclusive impact. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, feedback-driven, and learning environment. Values social justice- including racial and gender equity – as an organizational operating principle. Committed to co-cultivating a team environment that embraces learning on issues related to race, gender, equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Preparation: High school diploma and 4+ years of administrative experience in a coordinator, customer service or related role required; experience in PK-16 education desired.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range is $60,000 - $70,000.
CDE Foundation offers a full range of benefits for employees and their qualified dependents through Gusto, including but not limited to the following:
- 100% coverage of employee health benefit premiums
- A company-sponsored 401K plan through Vestwell
- 15 days of vacation per 12 months of full-time employment, with eligibility for higher accrual levels after 24 months.
- 19 company holidays, including several state and federal observances, and the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Annual sick leave entitlement is 72 hours (equivalent of 9 days).
- Jury Duty and Bereavement leave.
Californians Dedicated to Education Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants who contribute to a diverse work environment are strongly encouraged to apply.