New York Corporate Center 475 Riverside Dr
Position Title: Associate Director, Digital Media
Reports to: Director for Communications
Team: Immigration and Refugee Program
Location: New York City
The Associate Director for Digital Media within Church World Service's IRP team develops and executes online strategic communications campaigns to support CWS advocacy goals, tell compelling stories about the work and clients served by CWS, and build a community of online activism in support of refugee protection. Reporting to the Director for Communications, he/she will develop and manage the content strategy for Facebook and Twitter including generating graphics, managing social media advertising and tracking the performance of digital content. He/she will also manage and maintain the campaign site greateras1.org.
At a time when the future of the U.S. refugee resettlement program is uncertain, the Associate Director for Digital Media will have a unique opportunity to contribute to the strategy, design and execution of targeted digital storytelling campaigns to reach new audiences and counter the administration’s fear-mongering and misinformation regarding refugees.
● Develop, execute and manage the social media content strategy for the CWS Immigration and Refugee Program.
● Manage and collaborate with local office staff responsible for social content by providing trainings, resources, and access to shared content.
● Prepare and post content regularly for the CWS Facebook page and Twitter account. Oversee the social media content calendar and work with interns to schedule posts to optimize engagement.
● Design 5-8 new graphics each week optimized for social media including infographics, gifs, slideshow animations, and other images.
● Conceptualize, storyboard, and script video content for Facebook and Twitter. Manage contracts with freelance video producers to develop video content.
● Create, manage, and optimize new social media accounts, including on Instagram and YouTube, as part of discreet digital communications campaigns.
● Manage outreach and engagement with partners and influencers to expand the reach of digital campaigns. Work to establish and grow new relationships with online influencers including journalists, activists, celebrities, and policymakers.
● Manage Facebook advertising and boosted posts. Design content that is optimized for Facebook advertising.
● Develop social media toolkits and shareable content for use with coalitions and partners.
● Monitor and track success of digital campaigns using social media analytics, Google analytics and other tools as needed. Compile regular reports on top performing content, and recommend strategy updates based on performance data.
● Explore new engagement campaigns and types of content on social media. Adapt as needed to changes in platform requirements, styles and types of content to achieve peak performance.
Website and Email
● Manage the revamp of greateras1.org and maintain the site, organizing and replacing content to keep it fresh, appealing, and useful to target audiences.
● Upload resources including policy documents and press releases to greateras1.org.
● Create new pages, text, and content for greateras1.org as needed.
● Work with the Director for Communications and the CWS marketing, advocacy and fundraising teams to develop coordinated email campaigns; Design, draft, schedule and track the performance of related email communications.
● Draft and edit blog posts and online action alerts as needed.
This position may be a good fit for you if:
● You have a passion for creating change and a hunger for finding new ways to reach people online in an oversaturated and polarized media market.
● You are a true digital activist with soup-to-nuts experience growing and activating online communities.
● You desire to work with local faith leaders and community advocates to tell positive stories about refugees in America.
● You are a creative thinker who values experimentation and taking calculated risks in order to reach new audiences.
● You are excellent at managing your time and balancing competing urgent priorities.
● You thrive in a fast-paced environment, where current events require rapid response.
● You are available to work occasionally on nights and weekends to cover events and breaking news.
● 5+ years experience in digital advocacy, social media management, content marketing or other related experience.
● A portfolio of social media, design and/or digital campaign work to share.
● Excellent writing skills with a strong attention to detail
● Extensive experience in managing social media accounts, especially Facebook and Twitter.
● Graphic design experience, knowledge of Canva, Photoshop, and Illustrator preferred.
● Experience managing Facebook advertising campaigns.
● Experience with email marketing, comfort using eCRM systems to send out and measure the performance of messages.
● Moderate web-editing experience, familiarity with editing pages using WordPress
● Video editing experience, preferred.
● Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines while maintaining time for deeper, creative work.
● Minimum of B.A./B.S., ideally with a focus on political science, communications, design or a related field.
● Demonstrated interest in and familiarity with refugee protection issues.
● Experience with nonprofit marketing and fundraising is beneficial.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please go on to the link and proceed to apply.